Air Conditioner unit

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
HomerDer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Air Conditioner unit

Post by HomerDer »

I'm trying to get information on help with furnace/air conditioner There is a 92 year old man living in Harrisburg that need help with his air/ conditioner HE HAS NO AIR. He has call different agencies trying to get it repaired with no success. The heat is getting to be unbearable and he only had FANS. PLEASE E-Mail ANY INFORMATION OR MAIL TO HIM AT: Harrisburg, Pa. 17101 717-233-6076 or put me in contact with the correct agency Thank you for your help
Preetip

Re: Air Conditioner unit

Post by Preetip »

Hello,
I am currently unemployed, have no money to spend on a new air unit, and I have bad credit. I am currently receiving unemployment, medicaid and food stamps from Robeson County, NC. I have two children and a husband who is sickly. Our air conditioner unit needs a need compressor but I was told it would be better for me to replace the whole unit. It is a split unit; 3 ton. My children stayed outside and camped in a tent last night. My husband and I suffered through the night with a fan and a borrowed window unit. This morning I thought I was going to have a heat stroke. I really need assistance in locating a company that will enable me to finance for a new unit. I plan to start a new job in July but right now my whole world has fallen apart. Last week, my septic tank began backing up. So we are now limited to the use of our facilities. I need to have my septic tank drained as well. But, my biggest concern is this weeks problem- no air. If you could guide me on what I should or who would be a good person to contact. My family and friends are not able to assist.
Heather
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Did you look into a weatherization type program? It is funded by the federal government, and provides energy conservation and home improvement projects for lower income households. Some programs do have funds or may include replacing an air conditioner. A listing of agencies and non-profits to call in your area can be found here, at Robeson county assistance programs. There are organizations and agencies like Four-County Community Services, Inc., which is the local community action agency. Phone number is (910) 277-3500. Also ask them about the Heating Appliance Repair/Replacement Program (HARRP) program they run. This should deal with AC units...
Preetip wrote:Hello,
I am currently unemployed, have no money to spend on a new air unit, and I have bad credit. I am currently receiving unemployment, medicaid and food stamps from Robeson County, NC. I have two children and a husband who is sickly. Our air conditioner unit needs a need compressor but I was told it would be better for me to replace the whole unit. It is a split unit; 3 ton. My children stayed outside and camped in a tent last night. My husband and I suffered through the night with a fan and a borrowed window unit. This morning I thought I was going to have a heat stroke. I really need assistance in locating a company that will enable me to finance for a new unit. I plan to start a new job in July but right now my whole world has fallen apart. Last week, my septic tank began backing up. So we are now limited to the use of our facilities. I need to have my septic tank drained as well. But, my biggest concern is this weeks problem- no air. If you could guide me on what I should or who would be a good person to contact. My family and friends are not able to assist.
Heather
Redwoods

Post by Redwoods »

Hello, I’m emailing you from Phoenix Arizona, I’m looking for help with my downstairs AC unit, it has shut down and there’s no way to turn it back on my husband and I have tried looking for a reset button, with no luck. Unfortunately because of the lower unit being off the upstairs unit works three times as hard to try and keep up with it’s impossible demand. We no longer eat at our dinner table we rush thru making something fast in kitchen then my husband and our daughters and I rush back upstairs to eat in my bedroom because it’s the coolest. The SRP bill is horrible, because it never shuts off it’s eating about 15 dollars a day! We can’t even afford to call a technician cause they are over 100 check fee here in Phoenix,Az. Please help us...
Thanks for your attention to this request,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe look into weatherization programs in Phoenix, as sometimes they can provide new air conditioning units, or pay for repairs or tune ups. Read about Arizona utility bill help to get a list of grant programs, ways to get help with electric bills, and other support in Arizona. For example, Arizona Public Service runs the Energy Support Program and Salt River Project can provide up to $6000 for home energy improvements. Call (480) 833-9200
Redwoods wrote:Hello, I’m emailing you from Phoenix Arizona, I’m looking for help with my downstairs AC unit, it has shut down and there’s no way to turn it back on my husband and I have tried looking for a reset button, with no luck. Unfortunately because of the lower unit being off the upstairs unit works three times as hard to try and keep up with it’s impossible demand. We no longer eat at our dinner table we rush thru making something fast in kitchen then my husband and our daughters and I rush back upstairs to eat in my bedroom because it’s the coolest. The SRP bill is horrible, because it never shuts off it’s eating about 15 dollars a day! We can’t even afford to call a technician cause they are over 100 check fee here in Phoenix,Az. Please help us...
Thanks for your attention to this request,
Nurtaslim

Post by Nurtaslim »

To whom it may concern,
I currently deployed to Kuwait and will be returning to my home in Clarksville TN in December 2016. I took leave (Vacation) in December time frame, while on leave my AC unit stopped working and I had no heat and the cooling system didn't work either.
I called an Air Conditioner repair company to check the unit and was told it was going to cost around $3000. The repair man told me that I would be better off replacing the system because it is an old model, 14 years old, and the life of an AC unit is 12 years. The company estimated the total cost of the new unit, installed and all for $14000. I can’t offered this amount so my question is would there be a grant to help me replace or fix the unit? My annual income is $37,994.40, please let me know if there is any service to assist me.
Tyco

Post by Tyco »

I am trying to help my mother, as she has no AC unit in her home. She moved to winter haven, FL about a year ago and bought a mobile home and someone removed the unit.
I just recently lost my job and have no way to help her. She cannot live in this home with no AC. She has only her SSI check and can't afford to purchase one herself.
Is there anything you all can do, or recommend for her. I worry about her everyday now that summer is at our door.
Thank you for any help you may provide.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, you definitely need an air conditioner in Florida. Good for you in trying to help your mother. There are units here, mostly from charities. Find information on free air conditioners.
Tyco wrote:I am trying to help my mother, as she has no AC unit in her home.,
MerkelyMAgic

Post by MerkelyMAgic »

Spent all day yesterday talking to 5 different agencies who only helped with bills. They have no emergency situations when a heater or air conditioner goes out from paying bills to insulation. Nothing on a furnace or AC unit.
Where does the Agency fall under govern or senator?
I am sorry but we have been searching and I was given last night a local 211 information number for assistance that started this sad circle over again.
If I sound a little desperate for an air conditioner unit I am I would like someone to understand.
Where do we go it's starting to get cold or hot at night we have little heaters in other rooms but I am worried for the water pipes when it starts to get colder during the fall and winter.
Ford999

Post by Ford999 »

I am writing on the behalf of my sister who lives in Horn Lake, MS.  She was just informed that her a/c furnace has completely gone out and since it is so old parts cannot be ordered to fix it.  So, she will have to purchase an entirely new air conditioner unit which will cost her $2700.00.  Are there any organizations in Desoto County that can help her with the cost of this?
JetSkier

Post by JetSkier »

Hi, Once again thanks. Unfortunately the info you sent me is online.I was asking for one thing info about if there is any place that can help with my Air Conditioner Heating unit.
Not paying bills. Not food. Not medical bills just one thing because I can’t find it on line. And I don’t want to file for food stamp and that kind of stuff.
The help you do for people is helpful.
Unfortunately you just sent me a bunch of info that’s online. Thanks.
I sorry for looking for direction on my Air Conditioner unit. Thanks for your time.
Really I am sorry you feel I say you do no good.
Bradshaw1

Post by Bradshaw1 »

My name is Lindsay Park. I reside in Pembroke Massachusetts and I need an air conditioner unit. I have a voucher through neighborhood housing solutions. I receive SNAP and I am disabled under the age of 60. I am looking for assistance With my electric bill for The summer months. I do not have an air conditioner and can’t afford one I didn’t know if there was any help with any charities. My car which I need to use to grocery shop go to doctors appointments as I have underlying health issues as well as mental and learning disabilities, errands, etc.. and my car Just started to not work correctly and shut off and stall. I already am negative with my allotted money as I had to purchase an alternator a belt and an air filter for 260$. And my father is my beneficiary and my father is my beneficiary and I am negative for the next two months financially.
I cannot afford to put any more work into this car as it is not going to be worth putting in the money I cannot afford to put any more work into this car as it is not going to be worth putting in the money as the worth of the vehicle. I definitely need a new vehicle as well as an air conditioner unit as I don’t have any other assistance.
So I was basically seeing if there was any nonprofit organizations or government agencies that would help somebody residing in Pembroke Massachusetts which is part of Plymouth County. I’m on disability for mental health and learning disabilities . So I was basically seeing if somebody could help me with getting an air conditioner and if they knew of any program that would help pay for my electric bill which was $300 the second month at my 1 bedroom cottage I moved into in February with my voucher and dog That I purchased to protect me from a seriously dangerous past relationship. And having difficulty trying to afford him. So if there’s any programs to help with cars or loans, air conditioners And help with just electric utilities. And can point me in the right direction I would be greatly appreciative. I do not like asking for help so this is very strange for me by any guidance would be appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are of course charities as well as government offices to try for AC units. Of course government resources such as LIHEAP too. And of course charities in Massachusetts. We have a list-wide range of resources listed. Find them here, at utility bill assistance in Massachusetts
Bradshaw1 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:30 am My name is Lindsay Park. I reside in Pembroke Massachusetts and I need an air conditioner unit.