Household with disabled kids losing water service

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Romnee
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Household with disabled kids losing water service

Post by Romnee »

Hello,
I am facing water disconnection today, suddenly, from FGUA here in Pasco county.
I am a single mother of four, two of my four have severe disabilities. I have been working with my water company to pay the excess money that accumulated when they said they were only sending me estimated bills and not full usage...for six months. I am struggling to catch up, but they said they will not allow any more time, even though I have been sending timely payments each month.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Household with disabled kids losing water service

Post by Admin »

Try some of the organizations in El PAso and Texas that focus on helping the disabled. There are really a number of places you can turn to for advice. While financial aid is limited (especially for water bills) for families with disabled children, especially two of them, you may be more likely to qualify. Also, if you were making timely payments, that is another positive for you. Anyway, read more on Texas disability programs.
Thaia

Post by Thaia »

Can you help us pay our water bill? Is high and we have not paid it in 2 or 3 years. We are barley affording to pay our mortgage. I am the only one working. I have a disabled son. I take care of my husband who had open heart surgery and is on disability but it’s hard. We barely make it to buy food and that's what I do instead of paying rent. I need help with the water so I can start to pay it when it’s all clear and start from the beginning. I can't do it myself.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You have not paid for your water in 2-3 years? Shocking that the South Carolina company has not turned off your service. Sounds like you can't afford to live where you are and/or your lifestyle. When someone loses an income (such as due to disability) it is more likely than not that the person needs to make major financial changes in their life. You need to do that to cut back. Until then, try this for water bill help in South Carolina. No one will ever help pay that amount though that must be due after 2+ years.
Thaia wrote:Can you help us pay our water bill? Is high and we have not paid it in 2 or 3 years.
Gump

Post by Gump »

Water bill, I had a water leak for a few months, and this course me to have a high water bill. I ask the Landlord to give me all the recipe because the water company wants to give me credit as I am disabled but my landlord just give sent me an email stating how much he use to fix the water leak, and it is 157 dollars. But not in a professional matter.
For this reason I am behind my water bill, trying to pay it but since I haven't gotten unemployment or my disability check. It been hard, I am on section 8, food stamps, but I have no health insurance. I am trying my best of find a job but without success. Thank you.
Tafoya

Post by Tafoya »

Hello, good morning my name is Miss Jeanette and I am contacting you today to see if you guys can help me with my water bill so my disabled kids and I do not need water. I need help paying my water bill. I've been falling back. I am a single mother with 4 Kids one is a disabled special needs child.
We live in Miami-Dade housing. I'm a stay-at-home mom. I take care of my disabled child I don't get help from the father. We only have one income and I'm doing my best, but the water bill is just getting higher and higher and it's getting harder and harder for me to pay. Please contact me as soon as you can we live in Miami Florida.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you have disabled kids, have they or you applied for disability? Maybe that is an option to give you a little money to pay your water and other utility programs. As there is financial aid in all states for the disabled, and find details here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... stanc.html
Tafoya wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:27 am Hello, good morning my name is Miss Jeanette and I am contacting you today to see if you guys can help me with my water bill so my disabled kids and I do not need water. I need help paying my water bill. I've been falling back. I am a single mother with 4 Kids one is a disabled special needs child.
We live in Miami-Dade housing. I'm a stay-at-home mom. I take care of my disabled child I don't get help from the father. We only have one income and I'm doing my best, but the water bill is just getting higher and higher and it's getting harder and harder for me to pay. Please contact me as soon as you can we live in Miami Florida.