PECO utility help

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Pwert
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

PECO utility help

Post by Pwert »

Hello, I am a 51 y/o woman with a recent diagnoses with type 2 diabetes. My electric has been shut off since May of this year. The bill was in my 24 y/o sons name who is now incarcerated. I lost my job in Feb and was unable to keep up with the payments. I tried in desperation to have PECO put the bill in my name in order for me to qualify for assistance. I explained my situation regarding both me and my son. Meanwhile, the bill was escalating. PECO would not budge. I do not have the $1100.00 PECO wants to pay this bill off and get the electric cut back on in my name. I am insulin injection dependent and have been storing my meds at various friends homes in order to survive. I need help desperately. I need to be able to get back into my home and move forward. I've not been able to stay in my home all summer. There is no electricity on and I am finding it difficult to find or get assistance. My hands are tied with the bill being in my sons name and he is incarcerated Any assistance would be deeply appreciated.:
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: PECO utility help

Post by Admin »

Doesn't PECO operate in Philadelphia and Pennsylvania? If so, you have options. Find the heating bill assistance in Pennsylvania from PECO and all other state programs and energy provides in PA. PECO for one runs the PECO Matching Energy Assistance Fund 1-800-494-4000 and the state of Pennsylvania also administers, with many others, the $1 Energy Fund for low income, qualified customers.
Pwert wrote:Hello, I am a 51 y/o woman with a recent diagnoses with type 2 diabetes. My electric has been shut off since May of this year. The bill was in my 24 y/o sons name who is now incarcerated. I lost my job in Feb and was unable to keep up with the payments. I tried in desperation to have PECO put the bill in my name in order for me to qualify for assistance. I explained my situation regarding both me and my son. Meanwhile, the bill was escalating. PECO would not budge. I do not have the $1100.00 PECO wants to pay this bill off and get the electric cut back on in my name. I am insulin injection dependent and have been storing my meds at various friends homes in order to survive. I need help desperately. I need to be able to get back into my home and move forward. I've not been able to stay in my home all summer. There is no electricity on and I am finding it difficult to find or get assistance. My hands are tied with the bill being in my sons name and he is incarcerated Any assistance would be deeply appreciated.:
Giants

Post by Giants »

Hello, I am a single mom with a 17 years old who is in school. Peco is about to shut me off by the 7th of May, so I'm kindly appealing to whoever in charge to kindly assist me with my bills. I'm struggling with my bills. I have a low income from the job I'm doing. Please assist me. Your kind assistance will be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Hughes

Post by Hughes »

Power off (PECO). Water is close to being terminated, and I have used one medical certificate (PA American Water). I need water to take vital medications. My heat is fuel oil, but also requires electricity to operate. My heating system needs repairs. It is a hot water system that has multiple burst pipes. My PECO account has been closed, and they have refused to reconnect until the balance is paid in full.
This was a CAP account, and PECO as well as the Public Utility Commission have refused any assistance. I am left with ZERO income, as my wife has left. I am desperately trying to find employment, after a long time of emotional and mental conditions. I have been denied Social Security Disability. I am delinquent on taxes due to income over a few years. I am scheduled for a tax auction September 14, 2015.
I am hoping to file bankruptcy to prevent this. I am in desperate need of help. I have contacted many local agencies, and have worked with one successfully. Currently, I have no transportation, and public transportation is expensive, and many times inconvenient, as it does not serve many areas. I have been referred many places to no avail. I am desperate to not be homeless, and save my family's home after three generations. Thank you.
Bobbyt

Post by Bobbyt »

PECO has terminated our utilities as of 5/31/2021. Our family size is 3 which includes a 3 year old that has asthma and uses a nebulizer equipment as well as myself her mother - Desiree. Her father Reese is the only part-time income, which isn't a consistent source at this time because his hours vary.
We're needing EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE right away! PECO today has our current bill as $1,449.28. I was under the impression we were still on the COMP program, which has expired. The items they are requesting will put an unreasonable delay restoring our utilities with a child, not to mention the food we just purchased with our monthly food stamp allocation will be wasted and unsalvageable.
Could someone please HELP!!!
We live in Delaware County Philadelphia, Southwest.
All the available resources I've tried have no funding. My mother Cheryl who is authorized on my account with PECO to speak on my behalf. I have a phone with no charge.