Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Queeny
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Insulation from weatherization installation

Post by Queeny »

Hello;
I’m a resident of Asheboro, NC in Randolph County. I’m disabled, have some insulation in my building so was in search of someone to volunteer to install it under Weatherization. Caring Place is listed but the phone number says “your call can not be completed as dialed. Please check the number and try again”. Yes, I tried with and without using a 1 first being a local.
Thought you’d like to know in order to update your page. I’m a 57 year old woman living alone with arthritis and Parkinson’s Disease, so doing my own maintenance has become impossible. Worked hard so Medicare instead of Medicaid so no CNA, but low income that affords me $10 per month food stamps, extra help paying for my meds and my Medicare Premium is paid for me, which I’m grateful for. My income pays my house and car taxes, insurance on my car, utilities, propane, food, gas, car and home maintenance, etc. Nice house I own, but hollow walls built in 1947 although it had had vinyl siding added.
My Dad helped me buy it and replace roof and windows before I lost him back in 2012 I think. Memory issues due to Vascular surgery last winter. Not much help for insultation installation in Randolph County, but UNC in Chapel Hill, NC saved my life. Reviewing my income, they wrote off my huge copay on that! May God bless them as it is low as hard as I worked. Minimum wage was only 3.35 while I was earning my raises you see. My SSD was only 60% of my best 3 years as I understand it. COLA’s have been 0 to small, unlike my merit raises, but I’m too disabled to earn extra anywhere at anything. My eyes are giving out so thank you for your time.
I just wanted to ask you to repair or remove that weatherization help information for Randolph, NC. If there is a Caring Place here for insulation install job, I can’t find it. But don’t get out much either.
Sincerely;
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Insulation from weatherization installation

Post by Admin »

Generally, weatherization also includes the installation of the benefits too. We are not sure why it was not done for you.
The sate of NC does offer LIHEAP grants as well as free energy updates too, and find free weatherization in NC.
Queeny wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:19 am Hello;
I’m a resident of Asheboro, NC in Randolph County. I’m disabled, have some insulation in my building so was in search of someone to volunteer to install it under Weatherization. Caring Place is listed but the phone number says “your call can not be completed as dialed. Please check the number and try again”. Yes, I tried with and without using a 1 first being a local.