Debt help

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
MarryM
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Debt help

Post by MarryM »

I have run up a big debt on my American Express Card. I owe thousands of dollars. I tried calling Amex and asked for help or what programs they offer. But they seem to keep transferring me, have me talk to different representatives, and I can never get an answer. What do you think of credit card debt hardship programs? How about a debt management plan? Or anything for that matter. The bottom line is I need help, and I need American Express to negotiate with me or offer me some options.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Debt help

Post by Admin »

American Express offers a few different options to deal with unpaid credit card debts. They offer hardship programs, may waive fees, and have been known to even reduce principal balances. You can try dealing with them yourself, and using a counseling agency. Here are some more options for you.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... h_cre.html
MarryM wrote:I have run up a big debt on my American Express Card. I owe thousands of dollars. I tried calling Amex and asked for help or what programs they offer. But they seem to keep transferring me, have me talk to different representatives, and I can never get an answer. What do you think of credit card debt hardship programs? How about a debt management plan? Or anything for that matter. The bottom line is I need help, and I need American Express to negotiate with me or offer me some options.
lucylew

Post by lucylew »

I am a 42 year old woman trying to better my living/financial situation by going back to school to become a nurse. I am really struggling to make ends meet and I need to talk to somebody on how I can get assistance for paying bills, rent, credit card debts, getting food, basic living essentials. My Discover card debt is running really high. The websites I visit keep running me around in circles with advertisements and I just really want to talk to someone. Is there anybody there that can honestly help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try a Discover Card Debt Settlement Program. Te plan can help you reduce your interest rates, therefore lowering monthly payments. Also, what county / state do you live in and I can then post info on other programs for food, bills ,etc. in addition to the discover card aid for lowering debts.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ment_.html
lucylew wrote:I am a 42 year old woman trying to better my living/financial situation by going back to school to become a nurse. I am really struggling to make ends meet and I need to talk to somebody on how I can get assistance for paying bills, rent, credit card debts, getting food, basic living essentials. My Discover card debt is running really high. The websites I visit keep running me around in circles with advertisements and I just really want to talk to someone. Is there anybody there that can honestly help?
Lina1970

Post by Lina1970 »

I live in SC and I have been on disability for 12 yrs. I have been staying here and there for the past 1 in half. I left an abusive relationship and husband lived beyond means with credit card bills and debts. I have know where to go . I was married 2 times equal 20 yrs. I have a 10 yr daughter that I could see if I had a stable home . I cant get any help . My credit is not great as ran out debts a long time ago. All I need is a chance, and I can't get an apartment due to bad credit scores. Please contact me soon. I dont know how long I will have access to a computer.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While really need more information on your exact situation to provide extensive help, I think a couple options are talk to a credit counselor. Also, have you thought of consolidating or settling your debts? Here is information and a comparison of debt settlement and consolidation programs. Both can be very effective.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/deb ... conso.html
Lina1970 wrote:I live in SC and I have been on disability for 12 yrs. I have been staying here and there for the past 1 in half. I left an abusive relationship and husband lived beyond means with credit card bills and debts. I have know where to go . I was married 2 times equal 20 yrs. I have a 10 yr daughter that I could see if I had a stable home . I cant get any help . My credit is not great as ran out debts a long time ago. All I need is a chance, and I can't get an apartment due to bad credit scores. Please contact me soon. I dont know how long I will have access to a computer.
iflo

Post by iflo »

I'm terribly behind IN EVERYTHING, past medical bills, all utilities are behind, car INS expires every month bc we can't keep up, student loans are out, credit card debt, divorce bill ab $3300, bounced checks, rent is high, day care is ab $1200 behind, past/old day care bill, threatened to be taken to court, $10,500 van payment, we r a family of 6, ex husband $1000 behin in child support n now on LTD, my stepchildrens mother has not seen or paid or helped with her 2 kids in the past 3.5 yrs, marriage problems now bc of our debt!! Credit scores for me and my husband are both under 500... WE NEED SERIOUS HELP!! we both work FT, and now he is working a 2nd job. I've had to feed the kids applesauce and hot dogs and tap water for dinner bc we have no money left for food !! Their after school care bill is increasing daily, and their lunch balance are going up too! My stepson has ADHD and ODD, and has lost his MOKids INS bc of our income, and we can no longer afford to take him to the dr monthly or pay for his medications. He is really struggling. And the rest of us are suffering from it. I guess in total with all of our debts we are about $35K in debt!! Please help us! Thank u
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is it all medical debt, or a combination of credit card, medical, and other types? If it is credit cards, I always recommend a hardship program. You need to call your credit card companies and ask about these and negotiate a plan. If medical debts, put off paying these until last as hospitals and doctors are the least aggressive in trying to collect on it. Here is a comprehensive listing of debt help programs and resources.

iflo wrote:I'm terribly behind IN EVERYTHING, past medical bills, all utilities are behind, car INS expires every month bc we can't keep up, student loans are out, credit card debt, divorce bill ab $3300, bounced checks, rent is high, day care is ab $1200 behind, past/old day care bill, threatened to be taken to court, $10,500 van payment, we r a family of 6, ex husband $1000 behin in child support n now on LTD, my stepchildrens mother has not seen or paid or helped with her 2 kids in the past 3.5 yrs, marriage problems now bc of our debt!! Credit scores for me and my husband are both under 500... WE NEED SERIOUS HELP!! we both work FT, and now he is working a 2nd job. I've had to feed the kids applesauce and hot dogs and tap water for dinner bc we have no money left for food !! Their after school care bill is increasing daily, and their lunch balance are going up too! My stepson has ADHD and ODD, and has lost his MOKids INS bc of our income, and we can no longer afford to take him to the dr monthly or pay for his medications. He is really struggling. And the rest of us are suffering from it. I guess in total with all of our debts we are about $35K in debt!! Please help us! Thank u
Reese

Post by Reese »

Hello my mom has cancer she is on double kimo and she is still working. She has about over $50,000 dollars of debt credit cards the creditors are really fighting us and we wanted to know if it was any type of program that will help cancer patients. We contacted a debt relief company and also looked into doing a chapter 13 but we need help paying the monthly fee that would be around $750 a month for a 4 or 5 year term. If you guys could do anything to help us we would really appreciate it. I google helping cancer patients and I found your website.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That monthly fee sounds high. Was the organization a not for profit debt relif/settlement company? You may want to look into one of these. Usually the fees are lower, or may even be waived if your income is low enough. We have a listing of states and credit counseling agencies on the main site. Also find extensive background on debt settlement companies and the services they offer, as well as pros and cons of them.
Reese wrote:Hello my mom has cancer she is on double kimo and she is still working. She has about over $50,000 dollars of debt credit cards the creditors are really fighting us and we wanted to know if it was any type of program that will help cancer patients. We contacted a debt relief company and also looked into doing a chapter 13 but we need help paying the monthly fee that would be around $750 a month for a 4 or 5 year term. If you guys could do anything to help us we would really appreciate it. I google helping cancer patients and I found your website.
BikeRider

Post by BikeRider »

Please send me some information about your low interest debt elimination loan programs(lending club, etc). I am going through financial hardship and need assistance. Also, please mail me some information about legitimate "work at home companies", like, online survey companies and data entry jobs. I NEED TO GET OUT OF DEBT AND MAKE EXTRA MONEY. My eyes bother me a lot so looking at the computer causes problems and I cannot print. I would appreciate any assistance that you can give me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is information on debt elimination and settlement. So you can get the background here, then call a non-profit in your area to learn how to apply and to get more details. Read more on debt settlement and assistance programs. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/deb ... ment_.html
Lending Club is more of a peer to peer company, so their services are different and not really elimination but probably more of a lower interest loan.
BikeRider wrote:Please send me some information about your low interest debt elimination loan programs(lending club, etc). I am going through financial hardship and need assistance. Also, please mail me some information about legitimate "work at home companies", like, online survey companies and data entry jobs. I NEED TO GET OUT OF DEBT AND MAKE EXTRA MONEY. My eyes bother me a lot so looking at the computer causes problems and I cannot print. I would appreciate any assistance that you can give me.
shaf_Mercardo

Post by shaf_Mercardo »

My name is Nancy and i moved out of St. Louis about a year ago and have consistently been paying my debt towards an apartment i rented out there.. Recently the person i was staying with put me out of their home and i soon had to leave my job due to it being hard to work a night shift job living with people. I looked up assistance with bills and ran across your website. Right now i'm somewhat able to maintain my debt towards my old apartment but fearing that it might end up in collections. I am trying to do something about it. Is there anyway you guys may be able to assist me and any type of way. If not would you guys be able to guide me in the right direction. I can be reached at this e-mail. Thank you for your time.
Geraldine Brooks

Post by Geraldine Brooks »

I was out of work for a couple of years. I had some money saved, but it did not last long. I found work, but only make $1100 per month. My rent is 800 and debt on my car is $200 month. I am starting a new job in two weeks, but I owe my landlord several hundred dollars. I can't afford to move or be evicted because I don't have a car and will be homeless if evicted. I am on good terms with my landlord, but as I stated before I owe him money and am only getting deeper in debt with him.
Cincy

Post by Cincy »

I must start by saying that I NEVER imagined that I would be in this position. I am college-educated and we had a middle class life for quite some time. We lost the home that we had for eight years during the recent mortgage crisis. Both my husband and I also lost our jobs during this period as well. We have since acquired jobs that pay us less and we are working every day, although we have residual debt that has kept us from getting ahead. Specifically, we have had to move with our two children twice and are having trouble making the monthly rent. All we really need is a temporary assistance---we could pay it back in six months, so that we can actually get out of the hole. We would need just an advance of $600. Is there any organization that can help us on these residual debts? Please advise. We have two beautiful children who are becoming quite emotionally scarred. Thank you.