Scammed and lost savings and college fund

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Lo Valdez
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Scammed and lost savings and college fund

Post by Lo Valdez »

Hello,
My name is Alma, I just got scammed by a company and lost $21,635. All my kids saving and college funds are all emptied. My kids was not able to enroll this semester because the due date was today. We owe money to 5 different people. I am really desperately needing help financially. I was devastated, 5 days without proper sleep and eat after the scam and losing my savings. I end up to the point where I wanted to end my life.
But I thought about my kids. I have 6 kids and 2 are in college. Me and my husband tried taking a loan to different places but its all denied, because of our credit scores. We are in the process of fixing both our credit. And looking for different resources. I reported everything that happen to me in the police and got a file number. Please any help will be appreciated. Even information of any other program they can help me, without going through credit check.
Leadingup

Re: Scammed and lost savings and college fund

Post by Leadingup »

Hello,
I need assistance with paying the rent for my family this coming month as I was scammed, lost all my money in my college fund, and went into debt. I have moved my family from Hawaii back to NC in order to assist my niece (who is a single mother of an 8 year old). I have moved my niece in with my family to get her out of a drug infested, abusive relationship. As you can imagine, moving such a great distance was not cheap, and I am the breadwinner for my family. (Me, my disabled husband, my autistic son and now my niece and her 8 year old daughter).
I have let my phone bill go unpaid in order to get clothing and items for my niece to use for everyday living. I now have several bills in arrears, but the one I am most worried about is the rent. I realize it will take time for me to get in a better financial setting after a big move, and I am now applying for an additional job to pay the debt from my college fund and rebuild savings. (So I will have 2 jobs hopefully).
Is there a grant, scholarship or something that can assist me with this debt and my college fund to rebuild it? I am even willing to pay it back or volunteer to work it off. Hopefully, there is something out there to help us. I am trying to do the right thing by having my niece and her daughter live in a safe environment, but it has caused more stress financially. Truthfully, I am at the end of my rope, I hope you can help me.
Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Scammed and lost savings and college fund

Post by Admin »

So sorry you were scammed. We have resources to help people identify, avoid them, and also find help. Of course also report the issue to the authorities as well as FTC. But look here for ways to identify, and get help from scams. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... scams.html