Capital One DMP statement

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
waltertammy79

Capital One DMP statement

Post by waltertammy79 »

I just read your information on Capital One offering all types of help for consumers to catch up on their late credit card bills. I have been asking them for help for over a year. I have asked about a hardship program, consolidate my debts, and overall credit card assistance. I have been continually told that they can and will do nothing to help me get caught up/get a lower payment. They have been willing to do nothing.

Just thought you'd like to know to perhaps research them a little more and perhaps change the information that you have on your site.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Capital One DMP statement

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about your experiences with Capital One. the fact is there are no guarantees. You need to take the right negotiating approach, have a certain amount of debt and income, and approach the situation in the correct way. And no two customers may have the same experience with Capital One, or any credit card company. You can always try a professional, such as a debt settlement company, or a credit counselor. Here is more info on some different options and debt programs for you.

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nt_pl.html

waltertammy79 wrote:I just read your information on Capital One offering all types of help for consumers to catch up on their late credit card bills. I have been asking them for help for over a year. I have asked about a hardship program, consolidate my debts, and overall credit card assistance. I have been continually told that they can and will do nothing to help me get caught up/get a lower payment. They have been willing to do nothing.

Just thought you'd like to know to perhaps research them a little more and perhaps change the information that you have on your site.
Johnny Oil

Post by Johnny Oil »

I need help paying my rent for last moth and this month. I have never been in this situation before, I have four children and I have until Friday to June 30, 2012 to have the money or be evicted. I have no where else to go. i usually pay my rent but I lost my job and I am looking and have interviews lined up.
I just got home from military training. I haven't been able to find work yet,and my mother just committed herself to the hospital leaving me to care for my brother and sister, not to mention massive amounts of debt due to Capital One. Our power has been off for two days now. I don't have the money or anyone who could help us immediately. Who would be the best group to contact for a situation like this?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you look into their hardship program? Capitol One offers this. While it won't help with your rent, it may assist with those credit card debts you are referring to. That will then free up your income for other expenses. The military also has some programs for credit counseling and budgeting for military veterans, so look into those too. Read more Capitol One hardship programs.
EricFisher

Post by EricFisher »

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to read my e-mail.
Several years ago, 2008 I believe, I defaulted on my Capital One Credit card. I was paying $100 monthly but because of interest I was being charged fees for being over my limit. Being a single Mom I just couldn't manage.
I settled with Capital One, paid a lump sum in 2 payments and agreed to pay $40 a month until the balance was paid off. I was receiving statements bi-yearly, I think. I contacted them once to give them new account information and the payments continued until December 2012 when they stopped taking the payments. I hadn't received a statement, I had moved but changed my address with the post office (my prior address is still my Father's house so I would receive the mail regardless).
Last week a collection agency contacted me on Capital One's behalf claiming that I owed $2100.00 and the original balance was $3200.00! I explained to them that couldn't be right and they agreed to send the case back to Capital One. I received a letter from Capital One stating simply that I owed them a debt; no amount or explanation of account. I feel that I'm being swindled here; the collection agency claims that I was to be paying fees as well as interest and that is not the agreement I made with Capital One. What can I do? I do not have any documentation having lost things in the move and the collection agency is the one that provided me with balance information.
Elephant

Post by Elephant »

I am currently trying to keep my credit in good standing and I have a Capital One Card which is up to date. I am also in their Debt Management Plan (DMP). I'm trying to close store credit cards without hurting my credit too much. Also in need of information regarding emergency electric help and just a fresh start on maintaining my future bills.