Zero credit

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Lawnizcek
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Zero credit

Post by Lawnizcek »

Hello, my name is Thomas, my address is Spokane Valley, WA 99206.
Due to my financial situation and zero credit scores I do not have a personal phone number and although I should be getting one in the mail I fear it will be too late. I have recently been laid off and as I was working under the table I am unable to draw unemployment.
Although I have gained employment doing day labor I only have until Friday to pay the remaining balance, and it is hard when I have zero credit. I have 1 roommate that paid half of our rent, $490(the total amount due each month is $975) and I sold what few items I have of worth and was able to raise other $140. I must come up with the remaining 345 plus a 50 dollar late fee for a total of 395. I have lived at this resident for approximately 18 months and have never failed to pay rent, however, I am on a month to month lease and if I don't find a way to take care of my responsibilities I will certainly be evicted and end up homeless.
My credit score is zero as I have never had a credit card and I am terrified that not only will I lose my home, also be the reason my responsible roommate ends up living in his car. I am extremely distressed and would greatly appreciate any advice or resources you may be able to offer in regard to my situation. As a 35 year old man I am ashamed to realize I have not been more responsible and have jeopardized not only myself but others.  I thank you for your time and consideration on my credit and bills.
Prentis

Re: Zero credit

Post by Prentis »

Hi My name is Jayne Hazelwood
I’m a single parent with two little kids and I have terrible, no make that ZERO credit in my name.
I had to leave my ex-husband who for years abused me in every way you can imagine! When he found out I was sexually abused, he would pretend he was sexually abusing me and think it was funny, then say he was joking. When I left him, I only took my two kids and clothes and that’s all I took. I have majority custody of the children, but because I do, he still tries to control what he can!
Because child support hasn’t gone through court (mainly because he wanted to go through mediation and I agreed) he’s not paying what he agreed with mediation to pay, he changes it according to if I agree to do what he wants and if I don’t then he with holds payment or only gives me part of it! He hasn’t had to change anything but continues his life like it always has been!
I on the other hand has struggled to put food on the table for my kids and have had to rely on the food bank and with that I’m at my last one, and my terrible credit which is a zero score prevents me from working a decent job. Last year I went to college to take Addictions Counsellor and Community Worker, so I could give my kids a better life and not depend on the child support, but it hasn’t worked out so far as I am struggling to find employment since I finished school in November. I won’t even be able to go to my graduation because I can’t afford to pay my school fees, I’m proud to say though I will be graduating with honors! Sadly, I have had so much stress because I feel like there’s no hope for me and I have failed my kids! Please is there any help for me to pay bills and fix my credit? I am so desperate!! I’m hoping for temporary help with my utilities.
Thank you
Jayne Sent from my iPad
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Zero credit

Post by Admin »

Since you have zero credit, you can still try to "build it". There are of course free non-profit counseling agencies. Another option is a low dollar, credit builder loan. Read about it here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... loans.html
They can help you get started so you can be more self-sufficient in the future.