Credit issues but need a car instead of Uber

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Peter Sorokaput
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Credit issues but need a car instead of Uber

Post by Peter Sorokaput »

Hello,
My name is Angel.  I have been raising my 6 year old granddaughters since 1. I always knew she was unique.  She got her Autism spectrum disorder diagnosis in October 2019.
 We will be starting the process of therapy in 3-4 weeks.
My question is,  is there any organization,  grant, funds, or charity that could help with a car even though I have bad credit? I'm not asking for any handouts. I don’t have money for down payment.  I use uber or pay for rides to get us around to her dry appointments, grocery store, and work on weekends. If I were able to get a car I would be able to work extra hours. She is currently homeschooled cause she cannot ride a bus to school.  The sensory part of her autism take over and she would have daily meltdowns.  She is so excited to be going to back to school in January,  as long as she don’t have to ride the bus, she said. Normal people can block out noises and concentrate when there is a lot going on.  For her, it's like everything is going off all at once and it hurts and scares her, causing a meltdown.
My vehicle broke down 7 months ago. I have been using Uber for all outings. Once she starts therapy, they want her to come to office half time and they would come to our home half the time. I work paycheck to paycheck, mostly going negative to get by. Uber is sucking any funds I can put down on a car with bad credit,
I was hoping that maybe you would have a list of resources and charities that I could look into for people with credit issues to get a car.
Thank you for your time and help.
PrestonJames

Re: Credit issues but need a car instead of Uber

Post by PrestonJames »

I was a State worker for the Department of Aging and Disability, I moved to Texas in July of this year to take this position. I don't have family in the State and when my vehicle played out I had to rely on Uber to get around because I can't afford to pay a down payment for a car and I have bad credit issues. This has cost me my job and now I don't have the money to pay my bills. My last day was technically December 1 in their system although physically it was the 24th of November. I don't have anywhere or anyone else to turn to. I was told they would start the eviction process on the 15th of this month. Please help me with my credit, housing, and car instead of an uber.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Credit issues but need a car instead of Uber

Post by Admin »

Since you are disabled, there may be rides for you. Some charities and non-profits offer support. Maybe for a medical appointment, grocery shopping, or something else. Find details here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... abled.html
PrestonJames wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:21 am I was a State worker for the Department of Aging and Disability,