Sallie Mae loan has high interest rate

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Gordon
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Sallie Mae loan has high interest rate

Post by Gordon »

To whom it may concern.
I live in Federal Way, WA. I am a 100% Service connected disabled veterans and am receiving my Social Security Disability Insurance. I am on a quest to find financial assistance to settle a student loan that originally got from Sallie Mae. All of my federal student loans have been discharged and or forgiven. Now I am working on the $13k loan from Sallie Mae that has a high interest rate.
A settlement for a fraction of the loan can be reached but it would have to be paid a lot sooner than I can pay. I am in the process of refinancing my house but the process is taking longer than expected due to unforeseen circumstances.
Does your Assistance Program offer assistance financially to help the non-working disabled pay settlements for private student loans and debts from Sallie Mae?
Thank you for taking the time to read this and assisting me with providing an answer. If any questions please free to call me or email me at either of the following email addresses:
Ver Dict
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Sallie Mae loan has high interest rate

Post by Ver Dict »

Hello, my name is Carolyn Hardegree and I'm needing help with my student loan from Sallie Mae bill and heat. I'm married we are both on fixed income. I have cancer and have just completed my chemo and will have surgery in the near future. We are on propane and have had credit with Johnston propane for years.  The interest rate on the Sallie Mae loan is high - about 10%.
We ordered propane but due to medical and prescriptions bills do not see how we can pay the $275.00 for propane. As we owe $7000 to Sallie Mae for the high interest loan. My husband is disabled, and I have not worked since April of this year due to cancer and other health issues. I'm 66 years old turning 67 on 12-5-21 and want to get rid of this loan. If you could please help with this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You