Debt on rental unit from when younger

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
GlennFord
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Debt on rental unit from when younger

Post by GlennFord »

Hi my name is Miranda and I’m a wife and mother of 4 children, two are my husband’s previous marriage. I’m writing this letter on behalf of my family we are in desperate need for a financial need to clear some debt from a rental unit a long time ago. My husband and are trying to move into a low income apartment due to just not being able to afford the needs. Every place we apply we get turned down because of a debt that I owe to an apartment back in my younger twenties. I owe a little under 500 dollars and that being the only thing stopping us. Please if there’s any way we could get help it would be a great blessing. Don’t know what else to do.
Marthester5

Re: Debt on rental unit from when younger

Post by Marthester5 »

Hi, my name is Meredith. I live in Chicopee MA and currently have been without my furniture as I have a debt on my rental unit that I need to pay. I have a 17 year old at home. I have health issues such as diabetes and high blood pressure, anxiety and major depression.  I'm not able to take my medication because I don't have a working refrigerator due to loss of electricity as that is in the rental unit too.
I have called numerous agencies for debt help, and some are out of funds and some don't help. I am at a loss as to what to do or who to turn to. This summer has been brutal in our apartment. We never have enough food because I have nowhere to put it. I desperately am in need of help clearing this old debt on a rental unit. Please, if you can help us ,that would be much appreciated. Thank you, Meredith
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You have a past due debt on rent? Does that mean an eviction? If is on your credit report. As we are not fully sure what you mean. Anyhow, we do have steps to take when a past due eviction.
As there are certain government programs, lawyers and other programs that can help you lease again.
Marthester5 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:54 am Hi, my name is Meredith. I live in Chicopee MA and currently have been without my furniture as I have a debt on my rental unit that I need to pay. I have a 17 year old at home. I have health issues such as diabetes and high blood pressure, anxiety and major depression. 
Mac Aroni

Post by Mac Aroni »

My name is Sarah. I’m in the process of getting into a home and have hit a roadblock as I had unpaid rent when I was much younger, and now it is unpaid debt. My daughter and I are desperately in need of getting out of the house we are living in. The father of my child isn’t doing right. He’s in trouble with the law and has a drug issue. I have already applied for an Apartments complex her in Whitney Texas. I just have a debt that I really need assistance with so I can get out of this situation. I have spoken to the National Credit Systems. Well, they actually offered me resources like your organization to help get rid of the rental unit debt. If you can get back to me I’d really be grateful.
Thank you
Sarah
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi sarah,
It sounds like a complicated issue. You may want to try an attorney. Maybe they can give you free advice. As there are government programs that offer free legal aid, including with past evictions. Or a volunteer lawyer may help too. Look here for legal aid for evictions. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... for_t.html
Mac Aroni wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:32 am My name is Sarah. I’m in the process of getting into a home and have hit a roadblock as I had unpaid rent when I was much younger, and now it is unpaid debt.