Car loan debt when car is no longer drivable

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
JimmyIven
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Car loan debt when car is no longer drivable

Post by JimmyIven » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:52 am

I am in desperate need of help with a car loan when it needs repairs.  I received a certified letter today from my car loan company, stating I have a few days to come up with $800 to be able to keep my car.  I just found a job after being out of work for almost four months.  I am pregnant and have a 10 year old as well.  I had a stable job, or so I thought, when I got pregnant and that changed quickly.  I will get my first paycheck soon, but unfortunately I do not know how much it will be, which I doubt is enough since I am a part time waitress, that is all I could find and I need my car.  Also at this time the car is not drivable as it was in an accident, I am waiting on my insurance company to get back to me as far as if it is totaled and how much they are offering.  We have a rental car for the time being due to the fact it is not drivable, but I do not think we will get to keep it long enough to fix my car now.  I am looking for any help I can get, even if it is just a push in the right direction for someone that can help. Thank you for your time.