Help for customer credit transaction

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
jcalder
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help for customer credit transaction

Post by jcalder »

What can be done with a customer credit transaction if you disagree with the numbers? I owed my former Credit Union $2600 when my account was closed last August. Now, they want $3800 including lawyer fees, interest and taxes. Initially I had agreed to pay them $100 down and $40 a month, but I can't afford that. I felt pressured because I could be looking at a date in Federal Court. I sent back the affidavit and confession of judgement unsigned, saying that I didn't receive $3800 and I'm not confessing to it. I mentioned trying to get it reduced, but I will pay $15 a month with $100 up front if I can't. I am aware of banks settling, yet there was never an offer from this credit union. I'm sure they will be turning up the heat. Is there anyone who can help me or anything I can do?
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help for customer credit transaction

Post by Admin »

Try either negotiating your debts, and find information on this option here. Some ways of negotiating include Workout arrangements, a Lump-sum settlement, or a forbearance program.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ating.html

If this doesn't work, you may read up on how to get help from debt collectors. Debt collectors have very strict regulations and processes that they need to follow, and if they don't, you may be able to sue them for harassing you. You can also find how to get help from debt collectors at the main site needhelppayingbills.com.

jcalder wrote:What can be done with a customer credit transaction if you disagree with the numbers? I owed my former Credit Union $2600 when my account was closed last August. Now, they want $3800 including lawyer fees, interest and taxes. Initially I had agreed to pay them $100 down and $40 a month, but I can't afford that. I felt pressured because I could be looking at a date in Federal Court. I sent back the affidavit and confession of judgement unsigned, saying that I didn't receive $3800 and I'm not confessing to it. I mentioned trying to get it reduced, but I will pay $15 a month with $100 up front if I can't. I am aware of banks settling, yet there was never an offer from this credit union. I'm sure they will be turning up the heat. Is there anyone who can help me or anything I can do?