Budgeting advice for future as well as financial aid

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
ashley1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Budgeting advice for future as well as financial aid

Post by ashley1 »

I applied for housing assistance 8 months Ago and when I went there on the 16th they told me I had to wait until my name was called on the list. Today I have an appointment with Energy Assistance to help with my bills.
I am in need of money to help either stay in this home or to move, of which I cannot find something safe in my price range of 650-750. (If that). I am also In need of a full time job of which I have been patiently waiting for at my current job but to no avail as of yet.
Lastly I would like to take a class on finances and budgeting. I make so little I don't see the point however I can't seem to manage the little I do make so I need help.
I am not sure to whom I'm sending this very personal information to. I'm going on faith that whoever is reading this has a few answers or suggestions for me and my family.
Sincerely,
Luigi

Re: Budgeting advice for future as well as financial aid

Post by Luigi »

I'm a single mother of 4 and needing assistance with finding an affordable home for my kids and myself. I would like to budget for the rent and deposit on it. I'm currently living with family and only receiving a monthly income for my son. I was recently layed off from my job but didn't qualify for unemployment benefits. I'm located in Iberia Parish, Jeanerette, LA 70544. I would be thankful for any assistance that can be provided. Thanking you in advance.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Budgeting advice for future as well as financial aid

Post by Admin »

Yes, there is almost a waiting list for section 8 housing. But like you said, good to get energy bill help first...or at least try. Then, as you suggested, that may free up your money for your other debts. But try this for section 8 near me and you.
ashley1 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:43 am I applied for housing assistance 8 months Ago and when I went there on the 16th they told me I had to wait until my name was called on the list.