Nursing home debts

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Woo-Hoo
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Nursing home debts

Post by Woo-Hoo »

Approximately three years ago I had back surgery and then in a time frame of one year I had two more back surgeries. Three total in one year. At this time I was driving to and from Little Rock AR to Nashville, TN. to the VA hospital for my (7) back surgeries about 120 miles round trip as I had nobody to drive me.
I am an Honorable discharged vet after 15 years of US Army service. I now have two steel rods and 12 screws holding my back together. I can't work because of my back surgeries and in June 2016 I was diagnosed with cancer stage four. The tumors were in my sinus cavity and my throat. During this year of (3) surgeries I was caring for, bathing, feeding my 65 year old father. I had to admit her to a retirement home in December 2015 due to her Alzheimer's and severe dementia she has lost part of her brain function and sees animals and people who are not there.
I cried every other day for a month after admitting her. I am overwhelmed with financial problems and have decided to file for bankruptcy Chapter 13. I am approximately $8000 behind in paying the nursing home the debt that is due. I will free up money by filing for bankruptcy by lowering my interest rates on the mobile home I live in and my vehicle. I have prayed every day and night. I have to pay my attorney $1000 to file Chapter 13 and now have due a $300 electric bill.
The doctors say I will make it as the tumors have all shrunk. I have had 35 radiation treatments and 3 chemotherapy treatments and 4 more chemo treatments to go. I am truly blessed to have been able to care for my mom for so long. However, I have become very depressed about it all. I receive $2030 once a month for Social Security Disability, SSD. Sometimes I just wish the Lord would take me away. We will see. Is there anyway, anyone, anywhere can help me in any way, with the nursing home bills or any thing else? Please. I live in Nashville, TN. Thank you for allowing me to vent my situation and for reading such a long email. God bless.
Jeff Brian
anti spam: Blue

Re: Nursing home debts

Post by Jeff Brian »

I am in need of another 385.00 for my nursing home bill by tomorrow and no later than Wednesday. I have the other half. I just asking that a caring charity assist me with this urgent matter. My information is already in the courts and if I don't pay this last month the judge will go ahead and apply the judgment and kick my mom out of the nursing home. I have to pay the remainder month's balance to the Clerk of Courts. I am already another 3 days late. I have prayed for God to send me the resources/source but they or the individual hasn't being revealed yet. Please assist me with this matter so I can move forward.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

nursing homes may fall under the approach of medical debt? Maybe try those programs or solutions. Maybe the solution is similar. Anyway, find a number of resources for medical debt settlement here on our site. They may help you and your aging parents. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ement.html
WalinAtkisson

Post by WalinAtkisson »

Hello,
My grandmother has just had to go into a care home in Michigan that is costing 4K per month including her nursing needs. We have many nursing home debts now. My dad is having to pay for this out of pocket, using his savings and is wondering what help he can get for her. He said there's a 4-6 month wait for him to have the Medicaid waiver program help but are there any other programs that can help him now?
Her housing costs are 2K and her nursing costs are an additional 2K -(which include making sure she takes her medication, changing her colostomy bag, making sure she goes to each meal).
I am going to call the PACE program on Monday. for help with the nursing home debt.
Are you aware of any grants or funding available to help pay for the nursing, etc that could be available now?
Many thanks in advance for your assistance,