Negotiating to remove a charge-off?

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Nathan
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Negotiating to remove a charge-off?

Post by Nathan »

Hello,
I owe the gas company $1800 from a couple of years ago. They have reported this as a charge-off on my credit report. The debt is currently in internal collections. I'm ready to pay off the full amount once my tax check arrives.

I'm going to try to negotiate to get the charge-off taken off my report in exchange for full payment. What are my chances of success? How would you approach the negotiations? Any risks/precautions to consider?

Thanks,
Nathan
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Negotiating to remove a charge-off?

Post by Admin »

I suggesst contacting a Consumer Credit Counseling Services. They will be able to provide you advice, and probably work directly with your utility company. Most of the services they offer are free. So there is no downside to contacting them.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _ser1.html

Nathan wrote:Hello,
I owe the gas company $1800 from a couple of years ago. They have reported this as a charge-off on my credit report. The debt is currently in internal collections. I'm ready to pay off the full amount once my tax check arrives.

I'm going to try to negotiate to get the charge-off taken off my report in exchange for full payment. What are my chances of success? How would you approach the negotiations? Any risks/precautions to consider?

Thanks,
Nathan
Sayers

Post by Sayers »

Dear Sir or Madam,
My wife and I are going terrible and our life. I lost my job over 3 years ago I am disabled. My wife is on SSI and I on general assistance and food stamp program. We are having difficulties everything because I lost my SSI case in April of this year, even when an attorney negotiated for us. We also were misled and we're never told that we could qualify for section 8 housing which will help is greatly. But that is neither here nor there because that will take several years most likely to get approved so we asked you in the midterm will you please help us with our bills.
Our credit cards are maxed out and we can no longer afford to pay electric gas and bills are mounting stress is getting worse which is not helping your situation. Please let us know if you can help this we are desperate and then that I need of anybody that is willing to help us financially. We have no family or friends anymore because we are both disabled. Nobody cares really at all and I don't know what else to say accept it's almost easier just to give up and live under a bridge. Please write me back either way and let me know if you can help because life is becoming unbearable. I don't know what to do for the first time. Please help. Either right or call to this email address.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It is possible. There are tips you can follow yourself for debt negotiations. Or of course you can hire someone. But if you outsource it, be wary of fees. Make sure the company will not be ripping you off just to get rid of some charge-off on your account.