Child support debt is way too high

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Bregt
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Child support debt is way too high

Post by Bregt »

The Child Support Enforcement has placed a Levy on my Deposit account. In the year 1997, I made no payments to the Child Support Unit for about 6 to 9 months. In less than a year, I was informed I owed 49,000.00 dollars to the Child Support Unit. I have been back to work. I have a long history of making biweekly payments. My question is..... 1) How can the Child Support Unit take biweekly payment from my check then place a LEVY on my direct deposit bank account? 2) How can the Child Support Unit demand 49,000.00 all in one pay period?
Emma
anti spam: Blue

Re: Child support debt is way too high

Post by Emma »

I work but I’m getting my wages garnished due to child support and the debts I owe on it. I had to leave were I was at because I couldn’t afford on the rent there. My job is in Livermore CA. The place I stayed was in Oakley, CA.
I’m trying to get visitation with my Two Daughters but my Parents house is already full of family. I need help to find a place on subsidized rent. Because I can’t afford due to car note, gas, & bills. Please Help me.
Denise234

Post by Denise234 »

In need of rent assistance immediately. I was on medical leave for several months, then let go of previous job for exhausting FMLA. Collected unemployment and just recently got part time job, but am getting garnished child support so barely able to live.
I have Had several interviews for full time work in addition to my part time job. Have no food, borrowing to pay electric and gas in my car... It's been very rough lately for me. I don't like asking for help but I'm to the point that landlord is getting impatient and wants rent paid up. Only behind half months’ rent.
MrsJasnen

Post by MrsJasnen »

We have 5 boys attending school this year but since our youngest has become I'll. I am longer able to work and in debt and behind on bills. So my husband is left to support my 3, as their dad is no supportive, plus he pays child support on his 4, and we have to together one of which has cardiomyopathy. We now struggle to pay our monthly bills and debts and constant repairs to our home some help with school supply and new clothes would really be a joy to our hearts and home rite now.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a lot of bills past due with 5 kids and not working may be tough. There are options such as attorneys that help settle debt, and if your income low enough the service is free (unless they save you money) then they take a cut of the savings. So relatively low risk. Maybe try that.
MrsJasnen wrote:We have 5 boys attending school this year but since our youngest has become I'll. I am longer able to work and in debt and behind on bills. So my husband is left to support my 3, as their dad is no supportive, plus he pays child support on his 4, and we have to together one of which has cardiomyopathy. We now struggle to pay our monthly bills and debts and constant repairs to our home some help with school supply and new clothes would really be a joy to our hearts and home rite now.
GagLine

Post by GagLine »

Sir/Madam. I am a retired NHARNG soldier, served 20 years. The issue I have is owe in debts $2500.00 back child support payable to Concord NH DHHS. I have until October 7th 2019 to pay or I lose my license. I currently am unemployed, diligently seeking work through employment security Littleton NH. This is a onetime issue. My previous employer didn't take child support out and now I am in debt. I have 3 days if someone can assist with it plus send verification to DHHS it has been paid. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thank you for your service for being a former soldier. We think they rarely get thanked enough for serving our country and too rarely get recognized. Maybe try the onesource program for military members. It can help with debt and other needs, probably including child support too.
GagLine wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:53 pm Sir/Madam. I am a retired NHARNG soldier, served 20 years.