Need help with rent, bills and Christmas

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
serinas
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need help with rent, bills and Christmas

Post by serinas »

Hi, I'm a mother of 3 and awaiting for my disability hearing so my husband is the only one working. I had a family emergancy which required me to have to go out of state. we are behind on our bills and rent and won't be able to give our kids Christmas this year. the car needs fixing and new tires to get my husband back and forth to work or he will lose his job. Our Salvation Army in FRESNO, CA says they are out of funds for rental assistance this year. Is there any other help that anyone can suggest???
Thanks,
:cry:
helper

Re: Need help with rent, bills and Christmas

Post by helper »

Try the Fresno California community action agency. They should have several programs and resources for you and your personal situation. Also, if you are having car issues, there is an organization called ways to work, and also 1800 charity cars, that may be able to help. Go to the main website needhelppayingbills.com and review the programs there, under the charity section.

Ways to work auto loans are also referenced here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _work.html

http://www.fresnoeoc.org/
Rperry

Post by Rperry »

I have been without work 6 months of this calendar year due to back surgery. I have recently obtained employment, good employment for which I am very grateful but am suffering horribly from how behind on all my bills and credit card debts I have gotten. There is no Christmas in sight for this family but I truly would like to keep a roof over our heads. We are in danger of being evicted, have no gas in our house which supplies our heat, hot water, dryer and stove. We are in danger of now getting our water shut off. i can't catch up on one electric bill completely because I have so many debts and other bills they all want to cave in on us. I have a small family, only 3 of us but we aren't surviving. I know I can keep us above water if I could ever just get the back bills all paid. I need help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

If you are behind on all those bills, debts, credit cards, etc. you need some extensive financial counseling. Many agencies can provide income qualified people with free advice and debt reduction services, such as DMPs. They can also offer information on catching up with other bills, like those utility and water that you mention. Anyway find the list of Georgia based non-profit credit and debt counseling agencies here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cre ... orgia.html Call around to a location near you for help.
Rperry wrote:I have been without work 6 months of this calendar year due to back surgery. I have recently obtained employment, good employment for which I am very grateful but am suffering horribly from how behind on all my bills and credit card debts I have gotten. There is no Christmas in sight for this family but I truly would like to keep a roof over our heads. We are in danger of being evicted, have no gas in our house which supplies our heat, hot water, dryer and stove. We are in danger of now getting our water shut off. i can't catch up on one electric bill completely because I have so many debts and other bills they all want to cave in on us. I have a small family, only 3 of us but we aren't surviving. I know I can keep us above water if I could ever just get the back bills all paid. I need help.
DSmith

Post by DSmith »

My husband lost his job, has only been able to find part time minimum Wage job. I work full time making $11.40. We have a car payment, rent, loan, insurance, student loans, and I am feeding us on $20 a week. Please help us. I am afraid we will not have a home for Christmas!
Thedoctor

Post by Thedoctor »

Hello,
I am a single father with full custody of my children. I have never (2 years custodian parent) and do not currently receive child support. Due to recent hardships I lost my place and was evicted because of nonpayment of rent. I am having an extremely hard time finding a place for my family to live.
We are currently staying at a weekly rental in Mason Ohio. I have a recent eviction on my credit and have been turned down multiple times at multiple different places. I am self-sustaining, working 6-7 days a week. I have been accepted by interfaith through Warren County for a one-time help with first month’s rent and security deposit in the amount of $1,500. I enjoy being a full time father and providing for my children in the best way that I can, recently I have lost hope in finding a home before Christmas.
Any advice and or help would be appreciated. My main goal in this email is to ask for your help in finding place to rent or landlord that may be in your parish. I thought by chance a person or agency that would be willing to give me a second chance. As well as not having a home I am extremely worried about Christmas, help with my 4 children at this point and time would be immensely helpful. Also for the record I am NOT a felon, nor do I have drug or alcohol problems. I got behind and lost my home. A response would be greatly appreciated at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your time.
Phil Kritzman

Post by Phil Kritzman »

I am so very desperate for help this year for Christmas as well as bills! My husband and I have 4 kids. I have been in the hospital since November 14, the I had surgery on 12/23 to remove part of my spine and replaced with metal due to a bacteria infection in my blood and I will need to be in hospital until April and remain taking antibiotics from home for 2 more years. I miss my kids so much already and can't be with them for Christmas, my husband and kids are temporarily staying with family until I am well enough to at least take care of myself.
So the infection and severity of surgery left some weakness in my hands and feet because the nerves in my back were effected.
I really need all the help I can possibly ask for my bills, debt, and more. I need help at such short notice and if possible ask help from the other locations or any other help you can direct me to.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is quite a list. Use the main site here and search for what you need. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com
Everything from Christmas to debt advice, bill paying services, and more is available. Also since your issue was medical (spine related) there are even resources for health care too.