My grandmother is deep in debt

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
LikeACowboy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

My grandmother is deep in debt

Post by LikeACowboy »

My grandmother is struggling financially with medical bills and credit card debts. It is tough seeing how my grandfather is in and out of the hospital with cystic fibrosis and my grandmother just got in an accident and had to get things replaced inside her hip. They are unable to make there rent payments and are now looking on being evicted from their home.
They just received a notice today. They are behind two months and I have tried to do everything I can possibly do to get these people to work with me on taking just the payments I can make that aren't much but would be towards the bill and they won't take any payment. They will take not any money that is not completely the whole amount because they do not except partial payments. I don't know what else to do. We have contacted social services in our county for help but they don't seem to want to help because they say she makes to much for assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: My grandmother is deep in debt

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear that. For the medical needs and his cystic fibrosis, he should inquire into charity care at the hospital. Maybe that can help him reduce his medical debts. Also, there is free credit counseling in Philadelphia which may also be an option for him. He, or your grandfather's caregivers (you?) can meet with a professional to go over all of the options on all his debts, including credit cards.
LikeACowboy wrote:My grandmother is struggling financially with medical bills and credit card debts.
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

Hello,
I was on a budget plan with the electric company and credit card company. I just received a disconnect bill. I used all my pay check to pay 659 to the bill. I still owe 524.00 to credit card company for the debts. I really need help paying the remaining balance to keep my electric on. I have two grand kids and a widow grandmother that is in extern so I am no paid for that. I live in camby, Indiana. Thanks so much for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We assume your grandmother is a senior? If so, try an agency on aging location. Many have workshops, including with partners in the community for debt help. Try a non-profit for seniors here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html
Peanut wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:29 pm Hello,
I was on a budget plan with the electric company and credit card company. I just received a disconnect bill. I used all my pay check to pay 659 to the bill. I still owe 524.00 to credit card company for the debts. I really need help paying the remaining balance to keep my electric on. I have two grand kids and a widow grandmother that is in extern so I am no paid for that. I live in camby, Indiana. Thanks so much for your time.