Advice from legal on bankruptcy

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Zach
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Advice from legal on bankruptcy

Post by Zach »

I am currently living in Spokane, Washington and have my three children living with me, including a newborn. I am renting a duplex. I have recently been offered a job in Everett, WA and I've accepted the position and am supposed to start soon. The job offers growth potential and promises to utilize the skills I have and am not using at my job in Spokane.
My problem is that I have become so behind on my bills that I have sought an attorney for possibly filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy. My hope is to get a clean start, out from all of the bills and debts I've accumulated and begin my new job with a clean slate. I have worked hard my whole life and have only had to ask for assistance (food and medical) when I absolutely needed it.
Do to the debts, I do not currently have enough money to come up with a moving van, deposit, and possible last month rent for my move. I have tried every way I know how to come up with a plan, but the bills are more than the money I have coming in. Plus, I am trying to get the attorney some money so he can file the bankruptcy for me.
My daughter plans to stay in Spokane and get a job, so the move would just include my daughter, my new baby and myself. Sorry to give off so much information and at the beginning, I just thought it may help in finding the right services I can contact.
Can you please help me with whom I need to contact in order to receive possible assistance for the bankruptcy and for my upcoming move?
Thank you for your time and help.
Kathy Jean

Re: Advice from legal on bankruptcy

Post by Kathy Jean »

I have 3 small grandchildren,  ages 2, 9, 11. They and their mother whose has not been able to work for almost 2 year but has been receiving help from a family member who has become unable to help out anymore so now they need to file bankruptcy, and they need legal advice on how to do it. The rent is due on the 5th of each month. I sometimes stay with them a week or two, because I, myself am homeless and disabled and sometimes require physical and mental help. If there is any way they can at least receive some legal assistance on the bankruptcy,  please let us know. 
Trina

Post by Trina »

Good morning,
I am looking at all options right now for legal advice for bankruptcy. But I am now going to be a month behind on my rent and I am in about 25 grand in debt. I can't declare bankruptcy because I did that after losing so much money when I was going through a possible adoption that fell through. I ended up not going through the adoption process for health reasons. I will be getting surgery soon and I'm behind due to too many doctor visits and I'm just so overwhelmed with bills, so I need a lawyer to help me with the bankruptcy process.
I have a $402 a month loan out that should have helped but I slowly got back into debt because the cost of living is so high. My credit cards are at their max and my credit line is at its very max. I did not want to do this again but unforeseen things have happened. I moved recently. I am not looking for a handout, just some much needed relief or breathing room, and a bankruptcy may help clean that up for me.
My maintenance light went on in my car briefly then went out and I'm crossing my fingers it stays that way until I can get on top of my bills again. I fell behind due to an issue with my rent not being cashed on time by my landlord. I didn't touch the money for the longest but now my next two months are coming up and now I'm at a loss what to do. I should have at least one of the payments. $1060 and $935 but both together I am not sure. Then I have my car auto insurance coming due as well. I just don't know what to do. I'm not even sure if this qualifies to do an early withdrawal from my retirement because you got it I can't borrow against because I'm still paying a loan from that. I was doing okay and now I'm not. I would like to know if there is something you can help with or direct me to for free legal aid for a bankruptcy filing. I am on Section 8 already so as you can see I don't want to hurt that as I have been on this for so long and in good standing. I just got a bit over my head especially with medical things.
As I said the other day and in the email below, I was not even certain that was you.
Please get back to me when you can. I look forward to speaking with you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some pro-bono lawyers, lawyers that focus on debt or bankruptcy filings and other resources. We have a list of them on the website. Generally, only for the very loww-income is the help free, but if filing for bankruptcy that seems would be the case. Look here for legal help filing bankruptcy.