We are disabled and have debts

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Orangatang
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

We are disabled and have debts

Post by Orangatang »

I need all help I can get. I am disabled to Relapsing Remitting MS and my husband is also due to a traumatic brain injury/Seizures. We have 3 young kids and MOUNTAINS of debts. I cannot afford medical care. I desperately need and my kids are uninsured and without any help. We need all the help we can get in any area. We face cut off each month on electric and eviction for rent. Most of our money goes to interest on the debts and don;t want to file bankruptcy. We lost cable, never have school lunch money or groceries, etc. We only are paid on the 3rd with our SSDI disability and never make it past the 10th with any money. It even that long. I would love to receive mail as its often hard to get email.
Mushy

Re: We are disabled and have debts

Post by Mushy »

We are a young family who lived on family land and bought our home from family. Family had decided we have 90 days to move and 30 days to have our house sold and moved our it will belong to them. I am disabled, my wife is 28 weeks pregnant and we have another baby and are in debt.
We have a 2 year old and 4 year old. From that left me with many doctor appointments, surgery on both hands, and then my husband had a bad wreck and had to have Collier bone surgery. All these bills are pulling up. We have 3 small credit cards, which are piling up. It home is old and power bill it's 360.00 -500.00 a month. Food, gas, car payment, insurance, Citibank cards, water you name it is hurting harder. We can't get a loan to move from all this bad history of credit cards and doctor bills. Any suggestions? We have no help our family support
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to say, but some of those expense are outrageous and shocking. Not just the credit card debt from Citi, but you really have a $500 per month power bill. How is that even possible? you are doing something terribly wrong. Also, if you are disabled and have such a low income, why do you have even more kids on the way? You just can't afford that debt and bills. You need to tlk to a credit counselor and ask them about filing for bankruptcy, move in with friends or family, or take some other drastic actions. But as far as the debts, find hardship programs from Citibank which may give you a little relief.
Tessez

Post by Tessez »

I am unable to work due to health related problems. I have been denied disability and unemployment. I have no income, only what family donates that might be able to pay a bill. I cannot pay my debts and I within one month I will be facing apartment eviction. I am single with no children. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have no income and health related issues, maybe you can try a government hardship grant. They can help you. But since you have no children, the application may be more challenging.
Tessez wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:02 am I am unable to work due to health related problems. I have been denied disability and unemployment. I have no income, only what family donates that might be able to pay a bill. I cannot pay my debts and I within one month I will be facing apartment eviction. I am single with no children. Thank you for your time.