Trying to get help before it all comes crashing down........

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Littlewilbur

Trying to get help before it all comes crashing down........

Post by Littlewilbur »

Hello..........
I am in serious financial trouble. I understand that it is because I have made some serious
mistakes in judgment over the past couple of years but that realization doesn't help me to get out of the mess that I am in now. I am unemployed through no fault of my own and am waiting for a decision on whether or not the unemployment office is going to give me the small amount that I'm eligible for. I have roughly $8,500.00 in credit card debt, a $239.00 a month car payment, a $138.50 motorcycle payment. A $510.99 mortgage payment tops it off I think.
My 75 year old mother lives with me and if it weren't for her paying the mortgage with the small Social Security money she gets and getting food stamps, we would be in a lot worse situation. I am more than able to work and am looking daily through temporary agencies and online. I recently got my ASQ Certification as a Quality Technician with the hope that this would help but as of yet it has not. I am looking into all available options in my area but find few that will help me. I must say that Northeast TN is not a very helpful area to someone in my situation.
If anyone knows of any way that I could obtain some help I would appreciate it, be it a private benefactor or a national government agency, I am open to either. I am a proud man who has never been in this situation in the past and it is hard to be humble enough to ask for help. If anyone can help.....please do. It is starting to get cold and I have to pay this months electric bill on a credit card. (while I still can......). I have applied for LIHEAP but have not received an answer yet. I have researched all available options that I can find online and none seem to be helpful for a person in my situation.
It is beginning to get cold here and I need to get some help so that I can at least not have to worry about my mother catching pneumonia and dying.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Trying to get help before it all comes crashing down....

Post by Admin »

Here are some of the main links for Tennessee assistance programs. This has numerous resources, including energy assistance, food, job training, medical care, and much more. Information is available for the state and individual towns and counties.

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html

For those debts and transportation payments you need to make, look into non-profit credit counseling. We always recommend starting with that, and information for national and Tennessee programs and counselors are here. This can often be provided for free if your income is low enough.

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... s_ten.html
Littlewilbur

Re: Trying to get help before it all comes crashing down....

Post by Littlewilbur »

Thank you for the information but I have looked into some of these......(such as applying for LIHEAP) and they are no help until mid December if then. I'm not sure how credit counseling can help.........I have electric heat and no money to pay the electric bill......