Unpaid credit card and medical debts

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Closedcaption
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Unpaid credit card and medical debts

Post by Closedcaption »

I have a $1600.00 car repair that is more than I have to my name. I had a major back surgery in December and have $1200.00 in unpaid medical expenses and debts. I have $15,899.17 in credit card debt in collections and its very close to garnishment of my wages. I would pay off all my debts including the rest of my car $2645.75. I also need to move by November due to landlord selling house, I rent the basement for $600.00.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unpaid credit card and medical debts

Post by Admin »

We have extensive information on programs for credit card and medical debts. We always recommend to start with a non-profit to reduce any fees that may be involved. Also, hospitals and medical bills are usually easier to deal with then credit card companies. They offer more flexibility and payment plans, mostly because they don't want bad publicity. Here are some of our main resources. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _debt.html
Rinaldi

Post by Rinaldi »

Hi,
Request information please for finding a case worker in Ankeny Iowa.
Also, if you have any Grant's and or voucher's available for unpaid credit card and medical debts?
Thank you very much for your time and consideration regarding.
Look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience please?
MarryM

Post by MarryM »

Hi, my name is Kimberly. My husband is Samuel. We moved in the St Clair County Port Huron Yale, MI three years ago this past November and we have unpaid medical and credit card debt.
We got into our home in November and my husband was diagnosed with a leiomyosarcoma stage 3 Cancer, January 2019. Our life has led to a Chemotherapy, 14 hour surgery, Radiation therapy, Infections, septicemia, more Chemotherapy, loss of employment, loss of medical insurance, maxed out debt, $5k furnace repair, brain bleed with another hospital 30 day plus hospital. To a recent flooded basement with 4-6 inches of water due to sub pump defaults of a un paid bill of $7k of what ins didn’t pay. These are Sam’s conditions with Kimberly already has been dealing with MS, Diabetes just to add to that equation. We both were granted with SSDI. But being dropped into a medical retirement for both of us, at such a younger age. Neither one of us were ready to live on SSDI earnings compared to the incomes we are both no longer able to do.
It’s been a lot of stress for us these past three years that most people don’t experience in a lifetime. That being said, we both just had a hospital stay that more than likely stress related. I don't know if there’s any help out there for just us two to deal with credit card bills and medical costs. I know that at Xmas time is for kids especially. It’s December 9, and no tree or decorations put up yet. I am grateful that we’re both home together living and breathing with our two cats and two dog fur babies.
Safe and Happy Holidays to you all!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Kim,
Since you have multiple types of debt (credit and medical), try free credit counseling. There are many non-profits out there, most of which are government certified. Maybe they can point you to disability type programs too....and learn here and find free credit counseling services.
MarryM wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:22 am Hi, my name is Kimberly. My husband is Samuel. We moved in the St Clair County Port Huron Yale, MI three years ago this past November and we have unpaid medical and credit card debt.
We got into our home in November and my husband was diagnosed with a leiomyosarcoma stage 3 Cancer, January 2019. Our life has led to a Chemotherapy, 14 hour surgery, Radiation therapy, Infections, septicemia, more Chemotherapy, loss of employment, loss of medical insurance, maxed out debt, $5k furnace repair, brain bleed with another hospital 30 day plus hospital. To a recent flooded basement with 4-6 inches of water due to sub pump defaults of a un paid bill of $7k of what ins didn’t pay. These are Sam’s conditions with Kimberly already has been dealing with MS, Diabetes just to add to that equation. We both were granted with SSDI. But being dropped into a medical retirement for both of us, at such a younger age. Neither one of us were ready to live on SSDI earnings compared to the incomes we are both no longer able to do.
It’s been a lot of stress for us these past three years that most people don’t experience in a lifetime. That being said, we both just had a hospital stay that more than likely stress related. I don't know if there’s any help out there for just us two to deal with credit card bills and medical costs. I know that at Xmas time is for kids especially. It’s December 9, and no tree or decorations put up yet. I am grateful that we’re both home together living and breathing with our two cats and two dog fur babies.
Safe and Happy Holidays to you all!!