Wounded Marine & family drowning in debt - please help!!

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
DevilDogUSMC
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Wounded Marine & family drowning in debt - please help!!

Post by DevilDogUSMC »

Hi, my name is Kevin. My family and I have fell on hard times since I was wounded in combat and released from the Marine Corps. A roadside IED struck my squad while on a combat patrol in Marja, Afghanistan. I am unable to work due to a Traumatic Brain Injury which gives me terrible migraines and I use a cane to walk because of trauma to my hip. My wife watches our 2 children full time because I can't. We are receiving a small amount of VA money, but are paying bills with most of it. I am asking for a kind donation to help eliminate some debt, and free up some money for a better, less stressful life. Any little bit would help us. We are battling the VA for them to recognize the severity of my disabilities, but the process is going to take over a year. Please help us, I wouldn't be asking if it wasn't a serious problem. Thank you for reading - Semper Fi.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wounded Marine & family drowning in debt - please help!!

Post by Admin »

Hi,
We don't provide donations. We provide information on organizations you can contact for financial assistance, debt reduction programs, etc. For example, in your case sounds like you may benefit from the OneSource Program. This is credit counseling, budgeting, etc. for military members. Should be free. That information is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
Also we have on the site countless assistance programs listed for the state of Florida. Everything from food to free health care and funds for utility bills. Along with other credit counseling service. Get more details on the Florida resources.
DevilDogUSMC

Post by DevilDogUSMC »

Ok, thank you. I have placed messages on voicemail and submitted e-mail. I hope I will get some replies from these VA resources. Thanks again.
RedDog

Post by RedDog »

I am a 12 year decorated marine that is disabled with PTSD from marines service.  I small also see 24 years decorated police officer. My electric has been shut off on April 14th and I am way in debt - drowning in debt as a matter of fact. I have been living off a generator in my attic. Do very prone to carbon monoxide. Peco tells me I cannot get my electric turned back on till I pay $5,000.00, Which I don't have due to my debts. I had just filled my freezer with meat and other products which I lost because they gave me no warning that they were shutting off my electric. Is there any way you can help me or know of someone who can help me with bills and debts? Please email me.
The help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried everyone including at veterans help out there and no one will help. So thank you in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Marines can get debt help from a free program. If you have PTSD that they may help too. They can even refer people to PECO energy bill help. Or turn to a food pantry for the meat and other goods. As many debt programs assist veterans, and get more information on Marine debt help assistance programs.
RedDog wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:43 am I am a 12 year decorated marine that is disabled with PTSD from marines service.  I small also see 24 years decorated police officer. My electric has been shut off on April 14th and I am way in debt - drowning in debt as a matter of fact. I have been living off a generator in my attic. Do very prone to carbon monoxide. Peco tells me I cannot get my electric turned back on till I pay $5,000.00, Which I don't have due to my debts. I had just filled my freezer with meat and other products which I lost because they gave me no warning that they were shutting off my electric. Is there any way you can help me or know of someone who can help me with bills and debts? Please email me.
The help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried everyone including at veterans help out there and no one will help. So thank you in advance.