Identify theft causing issues

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Thebeagle
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Identify theft causing issues

Post by Thebeagle »

My car was stolen along with identity in February 2012, my husband was laid off in March, applied for unemployment and found another job before his unemployment was completed , laid off again in August 2012 and re-filed for unemployment benefits only to find out that someone tried to illegally file for unemployment using his social security number. He has to go through the identification verification process per unemployment which they received all of his verification June 16th and have yet to process anything. He has called every week per their request to check the status of the process and each time he calls they state that they received his verification but it is just sitting on someone's desk waiting to be in put?? in the mean time we owe $100 from June 2012 rent and $800.00 for July 2012 rent and now approaching August 2012 which will be another $800.00, not to mention our electricity and gas is also two months past due. I am a newly licensed Registered Nurse living in TX with my license in Missouri. We were hoping to relocate for more opportunities however now waiting on the state it appears the only place we are going to be able to relocate to is the street. We have been in constant communication with our land lord letting him know the play by play on our life and situation and he has informed us that if we do not pay in full by the 1st of August 2012 he will be forced to start the eviction process.
HarryS
anti spam: Blue

Re: Identify theft causing issues

Post by HarryS »

Recently I became my mother’s payee...my identity was stolen and in the last three months had to take her to so many Dr.'s appointments. I lost two of 3 jobs. Finally, all tests results show she is fine. However, I need some help this month. I cannot find counseling in town to explain to her this move is as hard on me as it is on her and I need to work and cannot sleep 12 hours or worry about the "lights off for 12 hrs"...Please if there are any referrals? I want this to work out for both of us. Thank you.
Kevin L

Post by Kevin L »

My husband and I just got together, we have a 5 year old altogether. They have all moved into our house. As we thought we could make it without me working so we can have our kids with us. It is not working so well.
We are in more debt as the days goes on, and a case of identify theft really put us over the top. We are on the verge of losing our car and house. And our light bill and water will soon be turned off. We have gotten loans but its makes it worst for my husband and me. I don't want lose my family or our cat and house. Please I'm in great need of assistance till I get a job, and we need our identity back. I would really appreciate it if I could get the help. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try one of the legal aid services out there. There is even one company called pre-paid legal that offers an Identify guard type protect. Once that issue gets addressed, seek some for of credit counseling to rebuild your credit and get long term advice on your challenges.
Kevin L wrote:We are in more debt as the days goes on, and a case of identify theft really put us over the top.