Credit counseling as checks are being garnished

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Asbury Park
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Credit counseling as checks are being garnished

Post by Asbury Park »

Hello, me and my kids have been jumping from house to house these last past 2 years living with people. Since I moved out our apartment in 2010 it’s been really hard trying to get back on my feet do have a well paying job but I don’t get assistance from no one. So I have to pay for kids food and personal stuff they need. My checks are getting garnished for a car I could no longer pay for so it makes my checks much smaller. I pay someone to take me back and forth to work, put up my kids and take us to doctors, grocery wash clothes..etc. It’s very hard I been trying to go without asking for help but I can’t no longer allow my kids to not be happy in their own home. Any assistance will help. Thank you.
Gump

Re: Credit counseling as checks are being garnished

Post by Gump »

We are a household of 4, soon to be 5 in less than 2 months. We have been doing fine on just my wife’s paycheck while I stay at home with the kids so she can focus on work. She has recently begun getting her wages garnished by a state loan association by 20%. This just happened and its really taken a toll on us. It is from some debts and loans she took out a couple years ago, and she missed some payments.
We have our car payments, rent, insurance, registration for the vehicles, food, and anything else. We try our best to budget but it seems like something always comes up that takes more than what we have and we have to put this off or put that off and we just keep falling behind. We still also need to get heating oil for this winter and we don’t even have the funds for that and don’t qualify for assistance because she makes $425 too much annually. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Anthony Jones

Post by Anthony Jones »

Good afternoon, My name is Jimmy and my fiance and 2 daughters rent a 2 bedroom condo for $1425.00 per month. We have have a huge financial impact on us over the past few months with my wages being garnished due to an old bank account where fraud happened and I lost everything I had. I now need some financial help as well as credit counseling to get back on track. I know owed thousands in overdraft charges after the person was able to continue to purchase things without having a positive balance.
My wages are garnished. My rent has been over due since the 1st of the month. I was able to pay my land lord $225 out of the 1425 I owe, and now he's demanding the remaining balance or is going to start the eviction process. What can I do to get back on track?
Please let me know if I'm looking in the right place or not for credit counseling. I put my contact info below but should be able to respond on this email.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Not sure if you need credit counseling or legal help. But if you want to start with counseling for information on the garnishment, that is fine. There are free non-profit services, and find online credit counseling from non-profits.
Anthony Jones wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:27 pm Good afternoon, My name is Jimmy and my fiance and 2 daughters rent a 2 bedroom condo for $1425.00 per month. We have have a huge financial impact on us over the past few months with my wages being garnished due to an old bank account where fraud happened and I lost everything I had. I now need some financial help as well as credit counseling to get back on track. I know owed thousands in overdraft charges after the person was able to continue to purchase things without having a positive balance.
Please let me know if I'm looking in the right place or not for credit counseling. I put my contact info below but should be able to respond on this email.