I need to stop debt collectors

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
nancydfel

I need to stop debt collectors

Post by nancydfel »

They keep calling on my bills and credit card bills. What can I do?
lizatall

Re: I need to stop debt collectors

Post by lizatall »

nancydfel wrote:They keep calling on my bills and credit card bills. What can I do?

Try Debt Consolidation and the credit exchange. They will give you advice and referalls, for free, and have refered hundreds of thousands of people. This will take care of your bills and debts
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... loans.html
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

You can stop debt collectors. Your rights

Post by Admin »

Debt collectors have certain rights and laws they need to follow. They can't harrass you, call you all the time, send you countless letters. The federal government has guidelines for debt collectors that they need to follow. Here is a good resource and listing of debt collector rules and obligations.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ctors.html
helper

Post by helper »

What I have recently discovered is that credit card companies are more willing to help people reduce debts and help them pay their bills. They need to do this as they want to collect some cash from you, and do not want to see you go bankrupt. They are usually known as hardship programs, and here is more info.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... d_com.html
After all, the best way to stop a debt colelctor is to get rid of your debts!
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

Hello,
It’s not a matter of needing help paying my bills as I have a payment arrangement set up. I need advice on how to prevent bills going to collections despite paying as agreed. I have been paying over a year on my medical bills based on the arrangement that the clinic and I agreed upon. I have had the payments set up on Auto Pay through the clinic twice a month totally $80.00. Of that $80 the funds are divided to various accounts according to the agreement. As a bill is paid off, I then take the funds used for that payment and add it to another bill creating a snowball effect in an effort to pay them off sooner. During the time these payments were made a few of the bills were sent to collections. It was my understanding, based on the information they shared with me regarding the payment plan, that as long as payments were made, and I was making an effort to pay the bills they would not be sent to collections. I have been in constant communication with the clinic, and I seem to get a different answer every time I talk to someone.
Is there anything I can do to bring back the accounts that were sent to collections in an effort to save my credit? If I am keeping the arrangement how is it the bills are being sent to collections (Two bills for my daughter—1 for $2.00 and 1 for $3.00 were sent to collections).
I would be appreciative if you could share any information at all in this matter.
Thank you
Clearchoice

Post by Clearchoice »

I have debt collectors calling me about medical debts ranging to $9,000; I’m trying to repair my credit and get back on track. We are just way behind right now. Can you provide me with programs to help eliminate my outstanding medical debts. Thank you.
Frank O

Post by Frank O »

Respected Sir,
Unfortunately I have recently lost everything. I am more depressed. I'm 45 years old and being swamped by debt collectors. I lost my income during this brutal economy and have been trying to catch up on $49,000 worth of debt for the past few years.
I have 5 people dependent on me earning money and I need some help for the basics. I have borrowed what I can (friends/family/Bank/market). I have spent all my reserves and now need whatever amount anyone is gracious enough to share with me.
Sorry I am today asking for help from the collectors. I would use any $ to pay bills so that I can get back on track. You have helped me tremendously, and have relieved my stress.
Thanking you
God Bless You.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

49K in debt? That is a lot of money due. Can any of the 5 dependent people get jobs for themselves and help themselves? If not, good luck as you can't support everyone. Anyhow, there are debt assistance programs in Pennsylvania to try, and they can help with collectors and other bills or debts too.
Frank O wrote:Respected Sir,
Unfortunately I have recently lost everything. I am more depressed. I'm 45 years old and being swamped by debt collectors. I lost my income during this brutal economy and have been trying to catch up on $49,000 worth of debt for the past few years.
I have 5 people dependent on me earning money and I need some help for the basics. I have borrowed what I can (friends/family/Bank/market). I have spent all my reserves and now need whatever amount anyone is gracious enough to share with me.
Sorry I am today asking for help from the collectors. I would use any $ to pay bills so that I can get back on track. You have helped me tremendously, and have relieved my stress.
Thanking you
God Bless You.