Need to file for bankruptcy

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Pintos
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need to file for bankruptcy

Post by Pintos »

Hi there, I'm currently on Worker's Comp Disability at the moment and have been on it for a little over 6 years and they are working to end it. Anyway, I'm in a bad relationship and really need to move out but can't afford to on my limited income. I've asked around and have talked to a few places but I get the same answer that there isn't any real help for a single person without kids. I live in Columbus, Ohio. I also need to file for bankruptcy but can't afford the fees, I didn't know if there's any help for that sort of thing or even counsel on whether or not I should try for one. I really appreciate any help you might be able to give me, I'm hoping you know of some resources that I am unaware of. Thank you either way for doing what you do to provide help to those who need it.
jrm57

Re: Need to file for bankruptcy

Post by jrm57 »

Check to see if there a Bankruptcy Center in your state. I have the same problem(low income)and located a center within my area in which the office accepts monthly payments till it's paid off, then they will file the bankruptcy for me. I don't know what the cost is there but it is $1450 to file here. Good Luck
FG Babbins
anti spam: Blue

Post by FG Babbins »

Hi I was wondering if you have any knowledge of free bankruptcy attorneys, I have a credit card debt that was from when I was married and my ex husband skated out of it , because the card was solely in my name even though he helped create the debt. Well in any case I was just served a summons this morning and they are going after me, I am not employed and I am very worried.. If you can help it would be appreciated.
Aggie

Post by Aggie »

I was wondering if I could receive assistance for filing bankruptcy? ASAP? I have two children, my husband has moved out, and I am in danger of having my electricity shut off any day due to a $4000 electric bill which has accrued over the last 8 or so years. I also have some credit card judgments from about the same time that I simply cannot afford to pay and are preventing me from getting a loan. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you so very much!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

How do you even know you want to file? That is a serious matter. You may want to explore all other options first. Maybe the electric company will offer a payment plan on the $4000 bill. Anyway, read more on the options here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... uptcy.html

Aggie wrote:I was wondering if I could receive assistance for filing bankruptcy? ASAP? I have two children, my husband has moved out, and I am in danger of having my electricity shut off any day due to a $4000 electric bill which has accrued over the last 8 or so years. I also have some credit card judgments from about the same time that I simply cannot afford to pay and are preventing me from getting a loan. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you so very much!