Medical debts from surgery

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
John Smith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Medical debts from surgery

Post by John Smith »

I recently had surgery that cost me almost $10,000, and I had to take out a loan to help pay the hospital bills. While I feel better from the surgery, now the bills are killing me. I am absoultely drowing under these medical bills and creditors and collectors keep calling me. I live in NC area, and where can I turn to for help with these before I go bankrupt.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Medical debts from surgery

Post by Admin »

Well, the best thing to do is negotiate a price in advance of the surgery, but that will not really help you right now. Try calling the hospital or doctor and ask for price concessions, or a payment plan. That can work as well. Last, but not least, try a medical billing advocate.
Indra
anti spam: Blue

Re: Medical debts from surgery

Post by Indra »

I'm currently a single parent working hard to provide for my daughter. I've never received any government assistance. I'm currently paying 5 garnishments for medical bills on my son's surgery and I need assistance very bad. I can't afford to pay my bills because of these medical garnishments. I can't purchase a home or car because judgments are showing up on my credit report. I need help. Please reach out to me and advise what it is that I can do to reduce the debt that I have for medical bills. I don't want to file bankruptcy and mess my credit up. I'm crying out for assistance.