divorce party

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
shutopadi
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

divorce party

Post by shutopadi »

In WA State when one party files for Divorce. Does one person automaticaly get temporary custody of the child? Or is it optional for the person that files to ask for that? Please give only fact. I found out my wife files for divorce and I have not been served yet. So I do not know what the papers say. She told me nothing about getting an attorney and filing for divorce. We were suppose to be doing the papers together and had already worked out how custody was going to be shared. But this sneak attack?
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: divorce party

Post by Admin »

We do not know. Each state level can vary when it comes to divorce or any legal matter. What we can do is provide you with information on how to get free legal aid in Washington, and they would handle something like divorce too. Find there details here on Washington free legal advice, in particular from a resource known as Northwest Justice Project.
shutopadi wrote:In WA State when one party files for Divorce. Does one person automaticaly get temporary custody of the child? Or is it optional for the person that files to ask for that? Please give only fact. I found out my wife files for divorce and I have not been served yet. So I do not know what the papers say. She told me nothing about getting an attorney and filing for divorce. We were suppose to be doing the papers together and had already worked out how custody was going to be shared. But this sneak attack?