debt collectors call all the time

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
mrskip
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

debt collectors call all the time

Post by mrskip »

my husband 78 and myself 68 have unpaid medicaal bills . we are on humana but they only pay so much and hospitals want more . we are on a fixed income and just dont have these monies to pay extra after paying utilities mortgage etc. they start calling at 8 in the morning and dont stop calling untill quarter to 9 at night . its driving us crazy. we try and pay what we can but its just never enought . most of these hospital bills over charge for everything anyway how can we get them to stop calling thanks linda
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: debt collectors call all the time

Post by Admin »

So the debt collectors appear to be calling for your medical bills and expenses. If so, consumers do have laws and protections for them. So you are protected from phone call, and also have some options available to eliminate and reduce your medical debts. Find a summary of medical debt collection laws, and the state of Florida is listed on this page too for you.
mrskip wrote:my husband 78 and myself 68 have unpaid medical bills . we are on humana but they only pay so much and hospitals want more . we are on a fixed income and just dont have these monies to pay extra after paying utilities mortgage etc. they start calling at 8 in the morning and don't stop calling until quarter to 9 at night . its driving us crazy. we try and pay what we can but its just never enough . most of these hospital bills over charge for everything anyway how can we get them to stop calling thanks linda
Michelson
anti spam: Blue

Re: debt collectors call all the time

Post by Michelson »

I'm not sure where I should even begin with this message - but I figure I cannot find help unless I ask.

My husband has become a drug user - and he is also becoming very emotionally unstable. He abuses me mentally - and in the past there have been some physical issues. He has been the main supporter in our family for some time now; over the past year I have racked up a massive amount of debt because he took the car I used [in his name] from me [he already had a second vehicle] and I was obligated to obtain transportation considering we had a child together. I purchased a car which had more issues than I was aware of - and this brought me an insane amount of credit card debt from the repairs. I have had bad luck with my health and have had several visits to the ER, but because I was honest about reporting my husbands income as well as my own - I didn't always qualify for reduction and I have not been able to satisfy those debts. Not having insurance for a while made it rather impossible to avoid going to the emergency room.

The reason I'm explaining is because I landed a decent job with a law firm [specializing in evictions], but I cannot afford to get my daughter and myself out of our living situation due to my debts. I had to get a car for her and I to be able to commute to my mother who watchers her - free of charge because I cannot afford daycare. I wanted to know if you could recommend any programs that assist women who are you trying to better their lives without being an abusive household/marriage. The psychological toll that this is taking on me, especially the calls from the collectors, is getting to be way too much to handle... and I do not want my daughter growing up this way. She's three years old - she deserves so much more happiness.

If you could please give me a nudge in the direction I should go -I would be incredibly grateful. I'm located in Charlotte, North Carolina - Thank you for taking the time to read this.