Unexpected debt from estate

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Zuck1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Unexpected debt from estate

Post by Zuck1 »

Having a pass due debt which is about 3yrs old on by late mothers estate. Now moved into an affordable apartment for the low income. Went to get the Utilities turned on is when I found out this debt. I was told that I had to pay this debt off first, before I could get utilities on in my new place. The apartment management kept the utilities on for me, due to my COPD. Having to take breathing treatments daily along with my other health problems. To give me time to fine emergency funding for this pass due debt, & assessment funding or programs for my future rent and utilities. But still looking and have only one day left to fine emergency funds. The only income I have is my disability check from SS of $561.00 mo. Hopefully you can help me. Thank you, God Bless.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Unexpected debt from estate

Post by Admin »

Well, estate debts and issues you probably want to speak to an attorney. Those types of issues can be tricky. Most attorneys will either know of wills and estates, or refer you to experts. And there are numerous free legal programs. Find them here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/fre ... dvice.html
The federal government subsidizes various free legal programs that are run at the state level. So call on of them to speak to an attorney, and ask them about that estate debt.
Zuck1 wrote:Having a pass due debt which is about 3yrs old on by late mothers estate. Now moved into an affordable apartment for the low income. Went to get the Utilities turned on is when I found out this debt. I was told that I had to pay this debt off first, before I could get utilities on in my new place. The apartment management kept the utilities on for me, due to my COPD. Having to take breathing treatments daily along with my other health problems. To give me time to fine emergency funding for this pass due debt, & assessment funding or programs for my future rent and utilities. But still looking and have only one day left to fine emergency funds. The only income I have is my disability check from SS of $561.00 mo. Hopefully you can help me. Thank you, God Bless.
Prop8

Post by Prop8 »

I am 62 years old, living alone in a house I am still paying on. I won't get into the various reasons my finances are in such a mess, it would take several pages. I am retired from the Commonwealth of PA, Department of State. I receive a pension of $1609 a month; plus $916.00 a month from Social Security. The emergency is that I need a new oil tank. My oil company had to siphon nearly 250 gallons of oil out of my tank, as it was leaking, which I noticed the day the last oil delivery of the season took place by the unusually strong smell of oil in the basement. They put four 55 gallon drums in my basement that they siphoned from my tank. That charge was $655. I am unable to pay at this time, never mind how I would pay the approximately $2,000+ for the new oil tank. That means I will have no heat this fall or winter. Of course I cannot live in a house with no heat. My mother passed away last August & part of the reason my finances are so bad was that I was expected to pay his installment loan she took out several years ago & I co-signed for which came to $293 a month. I tried to pay this for quite a while, then I had to start splitting up the payments. I paid back payments, plus the regular monthly payments on this loan until February of this year, when I had a meeting with the branch manager, who told me I would not have to pay this on a regular basis, that I could pay as much as I wanted to whenever I could, as they knew I could not afford it & I would have lost my house. I also have $295 a month to pay on my own installment loan, plus the mortgage of $564 a month. Lately I incurred nearly $600 for vet bills & all my credit cards are near the maximum limit (but not over) & I pay more than the minimum & before they are due. The reason I have so many cards was after I learned I had to pay my father's loan, I had no other choice than to use them. I have declared bankruptcy several years ago, which was discharged 3 years ago the 19th of this month. This gives you some idea of what I am up against. Please refer this email to the proper organization who might help me with this situation. There are so many agencies & a lot of them would not be able to assist me as I "make too much" & am not near the poverty line. Thank you for anything you can help me with.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Any type of estate issues we would recommend legal advice. If your income is only $1609 a month, you may qualify for free advice from an attorney. Your age may also qualify you too, as many seniors automatically are eligible. Your past bankruptcy may also be a legal need, so call the agencies near you. More info is here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ance_.html
Prop8 wrote:I am 62 years old, living alone in a house I am still paying on. I won't get into the various reasons my finances are in such a mess, it would take several pages. I am retired from the Commonwealth of PA, Department of State. I receive a pension of $1609 a month; plus $916.00 a month from Social Security. The emergency is that I need a new oil tank. My oil company had to siphon nearly 250 gallons of oil out of my tank, as it was leaking, which I noticed the day the last oil delivery of the season took place by the unusually strong smell of oil in the basement. They put four 55 gallon drums in my basement that they siphoned from my tank. That charge was $655. I am unable to pay at this time, never mind how I would pay the approximately $2,000+ for the new oil tank. That means I will have no heat this fall or winter. Of course I cannot live in a house with no heat. My mother passed away last August & part of the reason my finances are so bad was that I was expected to pay his installment loan she took out several years ago & I co-signed for which came to $293 a month. I tried to pay this for quite a while, then I had to start splitting up the payments. I paid back payments, plus the regular monthly payments on this loan until February of this year, when I had a meeting with the branch manager, who told me I would not have to pay this on a regular basis, that I could pay as much as I wanted to whenever I could, as they knew I could not afford it & I would have lost my house. I also have $295 a month to pay on my own installment loan, plus the mortgage of $564 a month. Lately I incurred nearly $600 for vet bills & all my credit cards are near the maximum limit (but not over) & I pay more than the minimum & before they are due. The reason I have so many cards was after I learned I had to pay my father's loan, I had no other choice than to use them. I have declared bankruptcy several years ago, which was discharged 3 years ago the 19th of this month. This gives you some idea of what I am up against. Please refer this email to the proper organization who might help me with this situation. There are so many agencies & a lot of them would not be able to assist me as I "make too much" & am not near the poverty line. Thank you for anything you can help me with.
esminka

Post by esminka »

I'm disabled. When the pandemic started I had to file for bankruptcy even though I have zero debt. Then my mom dad with a will and estate. There is debt in that estate, and I need to only to save my house. The lawyers didn't fight for standing, as the mortgage note has someone else's address on it and the servicer has changed several times and we had a sinkhole and repairs but contractor broke a main line pipe and oiled entire house and every belonging. So I have house bills, that caused the bankruptcy, then my mom and her will we had to go into debt again.
All the insurance checks the former mortgage Co kept, and did not put towards repairs we had to use my own disability money and therefore could not pay mortgage. The servicer changed and wanted to auction house desperate to save I had to agree to a 2000 a Month payment when I'm on disability. I can't afford that, the debt on my estate and they are holding the amount to pay off mortgage from lawsuit of insurance.