divorce

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: divorce

Post by Admin »

We do not know. But we can't provide legal advice. But we can give you ideas on who to call. Ty looking into free legal advice here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/fre ... dvice.html
The government agency to call, and that funds pro-bono attorneys, is Legal Services Corporation. Phone 202.295.1500. They work with lawyers on civil legal issues, and something like a divorce would fall into that category. Of course you need to be low income in order to qualify for free legal aid.

krittany wrote:How long before final divorce decree is issued in Louisiana? I live in Iberia Parish in Louisiana, and I was wondering how long after all the court costs are paid is the final divorce decree issued? I represented myself in the divorce, and she had an attorney. The judge here in 16th Judicial has already granted the divorce, all that needs to be done is paying the fees. How long after the fees are paid is the actual final divorce paperwork given to each of us to sign and have it all finalized? We are both looking to get remarried to other people, which is why I am curious. Thanks in advance to all who have input on this situation.
Househunter

Post by Househunter »

My ex husband, who I just divorced, was laid off from work a month and a half ago and hasn't found a job yet. We haven't paid our rent for September yet and our landlords gave us a notice to pay them but the 18th or we will be. But we can't free up the cash as our free money is going to pay off old debts from a credit card. Kicked out with our 1 and a half year old daughter and we have nowhere else to go. Please help.
Kramer

Post by Kramer »

I am disabled & in need of legal advice for Dissolution of Marriage, as my wife's been unfaithful now for going on 2 years & I can no longer deal with it. I also Have a Section 8 voucher, am in credit card debt, & am in need of help finding a "handicapped accessible apartment. Or home. I will be checking with the local SAFMR rents program in the hopes of possibly finding a home or house in a more secure neighborhood. Could someone please contact me at the # below to let me know if you can provide help with any of the tropics above? My marriage of 17 years has NO HOPE in restoring and divorce is needed. I have & continue to be tortured day & night as a result of this, & for 2 solid years, I have tried to turn this around, only to be continued to torment by continuous acts of more brazen activities. They steal my food stamps, they eat my food. They engage in lewd acts in the next room than tease me about it. It is becoming unbearable. I have reported this to the DSS, HUD, and ANY SEVERAL OTHER AGENCIES & DO NOT KNOW WHERE ELSE TO TURN FOR HELP. PLEASE, CONTACT ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, BEFORE I AM FORCED TO LEAVE & LIVE ON THE STREETS IN MY WHEELCHAIR AND DROWNING IN DEPT. I PLEAD FOR MERCY IN THE NAME OF YHWH, THAT SOMEONE, PLEASE "HELP"! MAY GOD BLESS YOU.
Margarita1

Post by Margarita1 »

My Name Is Dirisha And I Am A Recent divorce mother of 3 boys. I have tons of debt and I have no income coming in due to not having a vehicle to get back and forth to work.  I live in Laurel MS And I Have Been contacting all that I could to help me with my lights and everyone's saying the same Thing. They can’t help a divorcee with their debt because they have no funding. I am with MS power and my lights has been off for a day. Can someone please help me get my lights back on please. My credit card bill 61.96. Is There any instance I can get from someone? Please email back.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you are trying to rebuild your credit and get back on track financially, you may want to try loans for rebuilding credit.
In general, they are mid to low interest rates but have some terms and conditions that ensure you repay them on time. Then slowly but surely your scores will improve post divorce.