Filed for bankruptcy

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Perry
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Filed for bankruptcy

Post by Perry »

I live in Jefferson County Kentucky. I filed bankruptcy in July 2011 due to bad financial decisions by my soon to be ex-husband. We have been separated for about four years and will be divorced once my bankruptcy is finished. It is an asset case and I am told these take a while to complete. I rent a trailer and was driving an old car my oldest son let me use. It has over 100,000 miles on it and the second shop is looking at it but it doesn't look good. I have been without a car since mid March or so and have borrowed a car but they want it back so I am really at a loss now. I have a son is college and thank God he has scholarships. I still need to be able to have a place for him when he's home and food for him. He helps when he's home but he needs what money he makes to help with his books, etc. I can't even go see him having no car. I only make $14.00 an hour and it takes all I have to pay rent, electric. etc. I don't make enough for a car payment and being in bankruptcy can't get a loan. Even a car shark wants money down which I can't come up with either. I work everyday and try to make my own way but I really can't find an answer to this car problem. Is there a place I can get some help? I have an attorney that seems to ignore my request for help. I even sent my own request to the trustee for my case to be allowed to sell something so I can get a car but have gotten no response. I can't wait months for the court system. I've already been waiting 15 months. I would gladly take a second job but how can I when I can't get to it . Any suggestions would be most helpful. If even a temporary car until my bankruptcy finishes....I
would return it. Thank you for any ideas you may have.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Filed for bankruptcy

Post by Admin »

It does sound like you made some poor financial decisions that lead to your bankruptcy. Never want to use a loan shark for help or money as the interest rates are way too high. Your needs for advice and guidance sound extensive, so your best bet may be to use a not for profit credit counseling agency. Find more details here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cre ... ncies.html
While you are in bankruptcy, you will need to take steps right away to improve credit scores and get back on a solid longer term footing with your finances and other needs. Maybe share rent with someone else too...a roommate or what not.
Perry wrote:I live in Jefferson County Kentucky. I filed bankruptcy in July 2011 due to bad financial decisions by my soon to be ex-husband. We have been separated for about four years and will be divorced once my bankruptcy is finished. It is an asset case and I am told these take a while to complete. I rent a trailer and was driving an old car my oldest son let me use. It has over 100,000 miles on it and the second shop is looking at it but it doesn't look good. I have been without a car since mid March or so and have borrowed a car but they want it back so I am really at a loss now. I have a son is college and thank God he has scholarships. I still need to be able to have a place for him when he's home and food for him. He helps when he's home but he needs what money he makes to help with his books, etc. I can't even go see him having no car. I only make $14.00 an hour and it takes all I have to pay rent, electric. etc. I don't make enough for a car payment and being in bankruptcy can't get a loan. Even a car shark wants money down which I can't come up with either. I work everyday and try to make my own way but I really can't find an answer to this car problem. Is there a place I can get some help? I have an attorney that seems to ignore my request for help. I even sent my own request to the trustee for my case to be allowed to sell something so I can get a car but have gotten no response. I can't wait months for the court system. I've already been waiting 15 months. I would gladly take a second job but how can I when I can't get to it . Any suggestions would be most helpful. If even a temporary car until my bankruptcy finishes....I
would return it. Thank you for any ideas you may have.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have some general information on the bankruptcy process at this resource. So you can read up on it a little. As far as how to go about it, and maybe getting help in the process, try speaking to a credit counselor. You didn't mention your state, so use this resource to find a listing of counselors by state.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cre ... ncies.html
Oftentimes they can guide people through the bankruptcy process for free, or at a very low cost. Not for profits are usually the best types of organizations to use.

maxxine wrote:How do I go about filing for bankruptcy, are there fees, and what are the pros and cons? I am on limited income (Social Security Disability) and am in debt due to the actions of a former "friend" of mine. I am considering filing for bankruptcy to get the creditors off my back, and to start over fresh after a certain period of time has gone by (not sure how long that is; I've heard 7 years.) I am a responsible person when it comes to paying my bills on time, and the only reason why I'm in debt right now, is because I had trust in the wrong person.
Househunter

Post by Househunter »

My wife and I filed Chapter 7 and we are still struggling each month to pay rent and utilities. My wife had been demoted and is earning $20,000 less a year and I've lost full time work and only make $1000 per month. We live in Dade County Florida and I am in desperate need of assistance. Could you please refer me to a company for assistance? Thank you
Margarita1

Post by Margarita1 »

To Whom it May Concern;
I am struggling financially with mounting school bills and close to bankruptcy. My monthly loan payments are 800.00 (minimum amount paid). My total in student loans are $68,251.00 and grants are $9473.00. My 2012 taxes AGI is 37,539. Can you help me so I do not need to file bankruptcy? I'm desperate.
I am divorced and live alone in Derby, VT
Thank you,
Billy Bush

Post by Billy Bush »

I am a retired veteran.
The ex-wife has filed fraudulent claims with the child support services, she is already receiving almost 65% to 70% of the retired pay as property, child support, and arrears payments. I filed bankruptcy from all this non-sense.
My wife and I do not have the money to keep answering fraudulent complaints
that the children aren't covered by Tricare, legal fees, court costs, requests to make
change to the final decree to add retired pay post divorce, change property division
post divorce, etc.
We have already been forced to file bankruptcy.
But, there are still tax debts etc. that we can't even afford to pay.
I need some legal help for veteran's and or immigrant spouses to file the papers
needed to vacate void orders and judgments obtained thru fraud, post divorce changes
to retired pay claiming that the SCRA was not violated and state and federal rules
of civil procedure were followed, when they weren't.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

OK. We have information on attorneys that settle debts, help with bankruptcy filings, and more. Now if you are facing fraudulent claims, then the lawyer may be able to help with that too. Look for one that works on a contingency basis...as there are a few out there if your case is strong enough. Read more debt settlement from attorneys.
Billy Bush wrote:I am a retired veteran.
The ex-wife has filed fraudulent claims with the child support services, she is already receiving almost 65% to 70% of the retired pay as property, child support, and arrears payments. I filed bankruptcy from all this non-sense. But, there are still tax debts etc. that we can't even afford to pay.
I need some legal help for veteran's and or immigrant spouses to file the papers
needed to vacate void orders and judgments obtained thru fraud, post divorce changes
to retired pay claiming that the SCRA was not violated and state and federal rules
of civil procedure were followed, when they weren't.