Friend needs help with debts

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Longone
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Friend needs help with debts

Post by Longone »

I am investigating possible help for a friend who lives in New York City. She has no funds - no air conditioning and cannot sell her house - it has almost no value left and she has a $62,000 loan against it. She could not even get that amount and it is really worth practically nothing. She has maxed out two credit cards and living on food handouts, and has other debts to her name I told her to contact her church - but even if they gave her a loan, what would she use to pay back the loan on a monthly basis. She was sick from the heat a few days ago. Call me, her friend - she if in her early 60's and too proud to be for charity. But, she needs help and I am worried about her. thank you
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Friend needs help with debts

Post by Admin »

Good idea on telling your friend to call a church. They are usually a good resource. However if they does have all that debt and old bills, she does need to look into some type of consolidation or debt management plan. The best place to start is to have her speak to a new york credit counselor for free advice, consultations, budgeting support, etc. The best places to call are on the main page which link we just sent.
Longone wrote:I am investigating possible help for a friend who lives in New York City. She has no funds - no air conditioning and cannot sell her house - it has almost no value left and she has a $62,000 loan against it. She could not even get that amount and it is really worth practically nothing. She has maxed out two credit cards and living on food handouts, and has other debts to her name I told her to contact her church - but even if they gave her a loan, what would she use to pay back the loan on a monthly basis. She was sick from the heat a few days ago. Call me, her friend - she if in her early 60's and too proud to be for charity. But, she needs help and I am worried about her. thank you