Florida Florida Statue 222.21 preventing Garnishment

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
DEB1051
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Florida Florida Statue 222.21 preventing Garnishment

Post by DEB1051 »

I have a question about garnishment of Pension and Profit Sharing Plans, IRAs. My wife retired from a municipality where she paid into the municipalities personal pension plan. On her 1099-R in box 7 they place a 2 in the box. However, there is nothing else on the 1099-R that reflects if it is an IRA/SEP/SIMPLE or any other designation like s. 401(a), s. 403(a), s. 403(b), s. 408, s. 408A, s. 409, s. 414, s. 457(b), or s. 501(a).

Is this pension plan exempt from Garnishment under Florida Statue 222.21 Exemption of pension money and certain tax-exempt funds or accounts from legal processes?

We have been residence of Florida for 4 years.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Florida Florida Statue 222.21 preventing Garnishment

Post by Admin »

That question is very specific and technical. I think you really need to speak to an expert. Here is a listing of credit counseling, HUD, and debt management agencies in Florida.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/flo ... ounse.html
If these non-profits can't answer your specific questions, I am sure they can direct you to someone who can provide some form of help or advice. Maybe ask them about free tax prep programs, which seems to be what you need?
DEB1051 wrote:I have a question about garnishment of Pension and Profit Sharing Plans, IRAs. My wife retired from a municipality where she paid into the municipalities personal pension plan. On her 1099-R in box 7 they place a 2 in the box. However, there is nothing else on the 1099-R that reflects if it is an IRA/SEP/SIMPLE or any other designation like s. 401(a), s. 403(a), s. 403(b), s. 408, s. 408A, s. 409, s. 414, s. 457(b), or s. 501(a).

Is this pension plan exempt from Garnishment under Florida Statue 222.21 Exemption of pension money and certain tax-exempt funds or accounts from legal processes?

We have been residence of Florida for 4 years.
Hoffa
anti spam: Blue

Re: Florida Florida Statue 222.21 preventing Garnishment

Post by Hoffa »

To whom this may concern, I have been trying to get in touch with the office down here in Orlando FL for over a week now. I need to obtain a number where I can talk to Management. The reason I would like to be that I finally got through today around 4pm, and the lady didn't answer because she was talking to her friend, I said hello and she then realized that she had a call and asked to put me on hold. Before I said anything I was on hold, then at 4:33 she took the hold off, didn't say anything, so I said hello again and she hung up on me. When I called back again, it said the office was closed. I am a bit frustrated, I have been calling like I said over a week now from literally 8:30a-4:30p, I have record of every time I have called, and still can't seem to even get a simple question answered. This is my First time ever trying to get in touch with your company and I get treated as if I am hindering your representatives talk time that should be done Outside of work. I do not appreciate this at all. People like that should not even be working for your company, for there are way more qualified people that would treat callers with respect. I don't know the normal people that you guys help out, but I am not one of them. I would greatly appreciate if someone would please contact me with the number for management. Please do not make me have to take this to the next level. Thank you kindly,