Falling behind on credit cards

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Post Reply
Butter
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:25 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Falling behind on credit cards

Post by Butter » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:39 am

I'm quickly falling into credit card debt, mainly because I don't make enough money and my bills are too high. My family and I are renting a home for $450 but the consumers bill is rapidly increasing well into the 300 plus range per month. I need some help getting out of the hole for a couple of months to get me back on solid ground. I think if I could get rid of my credit cards debts that would help me free up money for other bills. Need direction or assistance where I can if possible

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Falling behind on credit cards

Post by Admin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Once someone falls behind on credit card debts it does get hard to stay ahead. But the good news is that many card companies are willing to work with consumers. They may offer hardship programs, debt management plans, settlement, and other financial hardship type programs. They would rather have someone pay some money vs go bankrupt.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cre ... _help.html
Butter wrote:I'm quickly falling into credit card debt, mainly because I don't make enough money and my bills are too high. My family and I are renting a home for $450 but the consumers bill is rapidly increasing well into the 300 plus range per month. I need some help getting out of the hole for a couple of months to get me back on solid ground. I think if I could get rid of my credit cards debts that would help me free up money for other bills. Need direction or assistance where I can if possible

Popen
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:48 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Falling behind on credit cards

Post by Popen » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:52 am

I have a protective order for me and my son .courts ask me to move and i did i rely on child support and cleaning homes for bills and credit cards. Economy has left me with no more homes to clean and i am beating streets for jobs but if i do not have 3 hundred bucks by Tuesday me and my son will be home less. I pray that someone hears my prayer and helps me and my son. My rent is past due two months my light bill is over 1,200.00 dollars water bill is due ....ahh they are all in disconnect today . I'm in a world of trouble and recently just out of the hospital bp was 220 over 170 doctor thought i had a stroke it was stress that brought this on....please help my engine went out in my van and that was the beginning of it all (credit card debt).

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Falling behind on credit cards

Post by Admin » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:55 am

Well, we can provide you information to try to help you and your son, but ultimately it comes down to you. We can provide all the information on debt reduction, bill paying programs, etc. that exist. So sounds like your medical bills are hurting you, so find ways to consolidate medical debts. There are solutions like medical debt consolidation program, which can in fact reduce the amount you owe by up to 50%. After taking care of those debts look into other money saving tips on the site.
Popen wrote:I have a protective order for me and my son .courts ask me to move and i did i rely on child support and cleaning homes for bills and credit cards. Economy has left me with no more homes to clean and i am beating streets for jobs but if i do not have 3 hundred bucks by Tuesday me and my son will be home less. I pray that someone hears my prayer and helps me and my son. My rent is past due two months my light bill is over 1,200.00 dollars water bill is due ....ahh they are all in disconnect today . I'm in a world of trouble and recently just out of the hospital bp was 220 over 170 doctor thought i had a stroke it was stress that brought this on....please help my engine went out in my van and that was the beginning of it all (credit card debt).

Flower12
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:29 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Falling behind on credit cards

Post by Flower12 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:34 am

If i could have one months rent or rent and bills paid i could catch up with all of them. A few costly surprises have come up recently like my car's BCM going out and having my wages garnished and trying to stop using check into cash just to buy food and pay my credit card debts. Its to the point right now where i have credit card debt, and all the bills are starting to get paid on the payday after they're due, I'm also in school the financial aid helps a little but it was mostly used for school and didn't last long after tuition and fees came out. I'm single and have no kids. But it doesn't seem right that I'm working so hard to better myself and can't get help from anyone.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Falling behind on credit cards

Post by Admin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:43 am

We almost always recommend first exploring programs that are offered directly by credit card companies for help first. A comprehensive listing is here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cre ... _help.html
Find how to get credit card and debt assistance from Bank of America, Citi, Capitol One, and all other companies. They range from debt reduction, to mediation and hardship programs. If those don't work, then contact a credit counselor for advice.
Flower12 wrote:If i could have one months rent or rent and bills paid i could catch up with all of them. A few costly surprises have come up recently like my car's BCM going out and having my wages garnished and trying to stop using check into cash just to buy food and pay my credit card debts. Its to the point right now where i have credit card debt, and all the bills are starting to get paid on the payday after they're due, I'm also in school the financial aid helps a little but it was mostly used for school and didn't last long after tuition and fees came out. I'm single and have no kids. But it doesn't seem right that I'm working so hard to better myself and can't get help from anyone.

Sinclair Li
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:38 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Falling behind on credit cards

Post by Sinclair Li » Fri May 27, 2016 8:18 am

We are having a tough time making ends meet. We currently have a $27,000 credit card debt. Our mortgage is 1740 a month. Our combined income is about $125,000. We are falling behind on our bills.
Could we get some advice or set up a meeting? We live in Saint Louis park, Minnesota.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7627
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Falling behind on credit cards

Post by Admin » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:13 am

That is a lot of debt and a decent mortgage payment for Saint Louis Park MN. But your income can easily pay that down and off. For advice, look here for free debt and mortgage counseling services in Minnesota. Many non-profits can assist.
Sinclair Li wrote:We are having a tough time making ends meet. We currently have a $27,000 credit card debt. Our mortgage is 1740 a month. Our combined income is about $125,000. We are falling behind on our bills.
Could we get some advice or set up a meeting? We live in Saint Louis park, Minnesota.

Post Reply