We pawned our car

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
ChuckieMac
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

We pawned our car

Post by ChuckieMac »

We are struggling through a rough patch. I am on a SR22 insurance after borrowing someone’s car costing $537 every six months. Due on the 1st of the month. We pawned our title of both vehicles to pay this numerous times and recovered. At this point we have $3400 due to title pawns, @$340 monthly also due on the first. Rent which we just reduced from $650 to $450 due on the first. Today all three were due. We paid the insurance so my husband could go to work. Leaving the $450 rent and $325 title pawn unpaid. I have contacted the title company and arranged for it to be paid next week but still lack assistance on the rent. Please help.
Kacie Castle

Re: We pawned our car

Post by Kacie Castle »

Me and my husband seen something bad. We had to go to the police. The person has still not went to jail. He knows where we stay. I've not been home in an over a month and my rent is due. My utilities are off and been living in my car but I had to pawn my title to my car just for food and gas. I'm so overwhelmed. I'm scared for my life and I don't know what to do anymore please help.
Martin10

Post by Martin10 »

Hello, I'm inquiring about help with assistance with paying my car title loan bill.
I receive social security disability and
Snap benefits. I have been trying to get help at Wateree Community Action for couple of months now and apparently there never to seem have any funds for car payments. I appreciate any help or information with obtaining emergency help for a pawn shop, thank you very much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have a bunch of information about emergency loans in Tulsa, including car title. The resources can help you pay one off or consolidate it too. Find the help you need.
Martin10 wrote:Hello, I'm inquiring about help with assistance with paying my car title loan bill.
I receive social security disability and
Snap benefits.
Namumura

Post by Namumura »

Hello, I'm on disability and have really screwed myself on getting this title loan I got and in effect we pawned our car. I got it to help my son since he had been in Puerto Rico  working  to put  poles up, so they can have electricity and such.  He was over there  6mths or so. And his girlfriend  was living  in his apartment while he was gone. And by the time he got home all bills and rent were all so far behind and truck broke down, so he needed help since he has a 3yr.  Old son.
But now I am the only one who is Paying it all back. With no help so far while he is Playing catch up trying to pay off the title lawn and pawn shop.  I don't know what to do, because I can't keep on like this,  I get paid on the 3rd of each month and broke by the 6th.... I need help so bad, can't afford to lose my car but this loan from the pawn shop is killing me, mentally and physically. I need help, if there is any financial hardship  program,  or helping to pay it.  I am stressing out and begging for help. Thank you 
Julie Kay

Post by Julie Kay »

I need assistance to pay off my title pawn. We brought our car to a pawn shop - big mistake.
I have no cash to pay the loan off. I have worked out a reduced payment to regain my title free and clear in the amount of 1800.00. The vehicle is out for repossession at this time from the pawn shop but has not been picked up.
The 2002 Pontiac TransAm is valued more than that. The insurance lapsed and the taxes and tag were due to be renewed this month.
I have a critical need for the vehicle. I do not have access to transportation. I live alone. I am in stage 3 renal failure, COPD, chronic lung disease.
I am on Georgia Rental Assistance to pay rent and medical hold to keep power at this time.
I need the vehicle to go the Dr's. I also need it to pick up food at food pantries.
I need the vehicle to try to reboot my business.
I have owned the vehicle since 2008.
The total amount was over 4200.00 that we raised when we pawned our car. And, was accruing interest.
The title pawn store Corporate Office has worked with me as much and as long as they can.
I need assistance to keep my vehicle while I continue to work my way through this financial and medical crises.
I do not receive any financial assistance. I have sold or lost everything I have of any value. I am my back up plan.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, big mistake. Of course you are in a major bind and there is no "simple" solution. It will be hard work, making money for you, cutting back on your expenses, and the basics. But look here for title loan payment help. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _help.html
Julie Kay wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:34 pm I need assistance to pay off my title pawn. We brought our car to a pawn shop - big mistake.