Past debt caused bad credit, now I can't get an apartment

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
PaulDean
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Past debt caused bad credit, now I can't get an apartment

Post by PaulDean »

I have one eviction on my credit, which I can explain. I feel it was put on my credit unjustly. I have steady income. I don't have the best credit but besides the one eviction which was not an eviction at all. I talked to landlords and we agreed on a date to turn my keys in and that they would be letting me out of my lease early because of an domestic issue, which come to find out the was not the truth. My problem is I'm having a hard time looking for something. I just need someone to rent to me. Hope to hear from you soon.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Past debt caused bad credit, now I can't get an apartment

Post by Admin »

Try a credit repair service. If you have a steady income now, a non-profit agency can generally work with you to improve your scores. Then, once you are on that path, try to apply to an apartment. But it takes time to rebuild scores...improvement to your credit rating does not happen overnight.
PaulDean wrote:I have one eviction on my credit, which I can explain. I feel it was put on my credit unjustly. I have steady income. I don't have the best credit but besides the one eviction which was not an eviction at all. I talked to landlords and we agreed on a date to turn my keys in and that they would be letting me out of my lease early because of an domestic issue, which come to find out the was not the truth. My problem is I'm having a hard time looking for something. I just need someone to rent to me. Hope to hear from you soon.
PetHelpers

Post by PetHelpers »

So, I'm struggling bad with past due debt and other needs. Unemployed. Bad credit. A lot of debt in my past. And 3 kids. I lost my job due to my daughter getting sick. I've applied to a million places and a few times I was unable to go to interviews because of my kids. But I finally got a job and I start Monday... However, my kids have SOOO many upcoming appointments (my son has ADHD so we're going to do evaluations and therapy, my other son has to have ear surgery, and my daughter literally gets sick like once a week).
And their all in daycare right now and my oldest is about to go to kindergarten so it'll be really hard taking them all to different schools and trying to get to work on time. So, I don't think I can/should work.. I applied to college as well. Online. But that won't start right away and I won't get my scholarships and help with the cost of living until then. SOOO what I'm getting at is, I wasn't to work from home to pay down debts to improve my credit. But no surveys. Like the call center or court case reviews that I read on your site. Can you provide me with REAL LEGIT work from home jobs? I feel like it's the best option for me right now. 
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you have many needs, ranging from debt help to credit issues, employment needs, etc. (not to mention 3 kids), look at our general debt relief page. As it is one place, with links, to many resources and assistance programs. And we have places to try too, provided they are not the millions you have tried yet. Find more on debt relief programs.
PetHelpers wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:46 am So, I'm struggling bad with past due debt and other needs. Unemployed. Bad credit. A lot of debt in my past. And 3 kids. I lost my job due to my daughter getting sick. I've applied to a million places and a few times I was unable to go to interviews because of my kids. But I finally got a job and I start Monday...