Veteran in default on debts

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Moochie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Veteran in default on debts

Post by Moochie »

My wife and I are both Veterans living in Texas. We have a 12 year old and a 20 year old with Crohns Disease. My wife was on Disability and it ran out. Our Federal income tax was taken for her loan defaults, tax return of $6,000 and I finished school on the VRAP Palomar College one week ago. We have paid $1000 on May and still owe $1000. We are facing a 3 day or quit tomorrow. I have not yet found a job after 1 week and she was offered a job at Dell computer starting in November. We will be homeless by then with $400 current cash for gas. This is an emergency. Please help. I have a 10% hearing service related disability. My wife has had no income for 3 months. We are in distress.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Veteran in default on debts

Post by Admin »

She better take that job. If she does, then a creditor is more likely to offer you relief and even settle some of the debts you owe them. But you also need a job too. 10% loss of hearing does not prevent someone from working the vast majority of jobs. Once you get an income that will help you pay off your bills. But read more on the debt settlement process. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ment_.html
Denise234

Post by Denise234 »

I was wondering if you help veterans with debt consolidation for credit cards. I need to consolidate my credit cards because I will not be working this summer and I will not be able to pay my bills.  If you have any services for veterans that can help me out with the debt, I would greatly appreciate your time and cooperation
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try the VA Hardship program. While it focuses on medical bills, there may be some options for credit cards too. And the VA can put you into touch with long term support on getting over a default.