Funds from a loan to pay for home repairs

Find loans for bad credit, peer to peer lending, personal loans, debt consolidation loans.
Yolanda1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Funds from a loan to pay for home repairs

Post by Yolanda1 »

I live in Gainesville Florida. My dad died and left me him house. The house was condemned and needed work to get the condemned left and to make it livable. I got a small amount of money left to me by his insurance. Which I used it to give my dad his last wish on burying him. I could of used the money he left me with his insurance on getting the repairs done but I am not that selfish and the taxes on the house was 2 year behind and for 2012 I could not claim homestead, so I had to pay full amount.
In August 2012 I started receiving my SSI disability which is only 710.00 and since I have had to keep money out each month to pay the 2012 taxes on the house and also take out for 2013, I did file homestead for 2013. I also have other bills to pay for with the income I receive I am not able to afford a roof.
Upon moving into the house I seen 2 spots that looked as if the roof had been leaking. On one storm we had a tree had fallen onto the roof leaving a hole which is now starting to rot. I call 4 roofers out and the lowest was 2700.00 and that was for the shingles and labor. (Not including any wood that needed to be repaired) which was told about 6 sheet of plywood & Labor to install that would be added to the estimates. The house is only 640 sq ft and the roof size is 840 sq ft. I was told by all that the shingles was really bad and needed replacing. I just don’t have the money to do it. I see people getting help from light bills to building new home ad I have not received any help in over 10 years and that was for a light bill. I have put money into the house to get it livable and I will be able to maintain the house with my income because the house is paid for with nothing owning on the house, but paying out to put a new roof on it would be impossible. The house is also on stealth's and the stairs going to the front door and only was into the house needs new stairs.
Please I am asking who can I get help from as I don’t want to get a loan because I would not be able to pay it back. The house is paid for and I have seen people get loans and mortgage and later loose their home. If you or you know of a place that can help with these small repairs please help. I really don't have family my dad raised me and my mom mentally abused me as a kid and I can't forgot the things she has done to me. I have been forever damaged by her abuse.
I did finish school and did college but an accident with a semi because medical problem and I was not able to work in the field I graduated from college for. That made things harder on me because I went through the trouble to go to college and graduated then I could not do the work. Plus I have a heart condition has makes my blood pressure go too high and too low putting me in the hospital alot. My dad just died from a heart condition.
I really don't want to loose the house after I have gone so far to get it back to where I can live in it. It is the only place I have if not I would be homeless. My dad left it to me because he knew I was do things right in my life and of my medical condition he knew I would not be able to work for awhile and did not want me on the streets. I have always been raised to help people but when I need help most no one seems to care and always walks away..UNLESS they are getting something from it. Please if someone could reach out and help me with these repairs it would be a blessing".
Like I said I could of used the money my dad left me on myself but I chose to give him his wish on how he wanted to be buried. I have contacted all resource's I know and have been turned down due to no funds. The only one that will help is USDA but it’s a loan and if my credit is bad they can not help and me being on SSI and trying to reach out for help I can say my credit is bad that’s why I am not getting a loan myself from other ways due to bad credit or low credit score.
Decorator

Re: Funds from a loan to pay for home repairs

Post by Decorator »

I am so frustrated I can cry. I have a leak in my roof and it is caving in. I am disabled and a senior. My home is a mobile home but it is free and clear of payments. I am not on private land I am in a community and they said because I own my home I am responsible...it's a tree that hangs over my roof. And this is causing the problem.
I cannot afford to have anyone cut the tree branches back so they do not hang over, so I need a loan. The excessive rain has caused this problem...I have called builders care with other issues I have had an they said they could not help me. I have one arm and limited funds for the loan payments...I cannot afford what needs to be done. I am begging for some help please.
Thank you.
ShannonS

Post by ShannonS »

We have no running water coming into our home as of the time of this email, and we need to pay for home repairs. We have a well but it has either dried up or needs major repairs (we have spent over $500.00 trying to get it working and now we are broke until we get our income the 3rd of October).
The Calhoun County Illinois water district wants $1000.00 for a meter. Is there a way for us to get a loan to pay for these repairs? We have to have a licensed installer to hook it up which will cost about another $1000.00, we (my wife and I) are on social security disability and we don't have that kind of money to cover the cost and the water company and contractor will not take payments on a loan so if there is any way at all you can help it would be deeply appreciated.
Jeff Brian

Post by Jeff Brian »

I have an elderly neighbor on fixed income whose air conditioner went out and they have other repairs needed for the home.  Is there someone he can contact for assistance in paying for this to be repaired, to get a loan, or to be replaced?  He has diabetes and is very short on funds so a loan for the repairs is best; is also a retired vet with PTSD.  He has no air at this time and lives in Gilbert, AZ with temps climbing this coming week to 105.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Rather than using a loan or funds to pay for home repairs, try a DIY progect first. As there are many that you may be able to do yourself. Locate DIY home repairs. it may involve using YouTube to learn, going to a free class at say Home Depot, and the like. But all these repairs can save you money.