Government programs to waive student loans

Find loans for bad credit, peer to peer lending, personal loans, debt consolidation loans.
Kacky
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Government programs to waive student loans

Post by Kacky »

To Whom It May Concern,
I have a large amount of student loans that I have started to pay off. I have taught in a low income private school for 5 years and a low income public school for 1 year. I also have done volunteer work for a women's organization called The Junior League of Ocean County and have become an Emergency Responder in the wake of Hurricane Sandy to help people in need during any type of disaster. I was told that since I taught in low income schools and do volunteer work, that I could get some kind of assistance from the government in paying off a portion of my student loans. I was just wondering how I go about doing this or applying for it? Unfortunately with the economy right now it is not easy to pay off such a large amount of student loans with high interest rates as well. If you could provide me with any information that could help me get started in this process or even headed in the right direction, I would truly appreciate it. Thank you so much!
WSapp

Re: Government programs to waive student loans

Post by WSapp »

Hi there,
I'm trying to understand if I qualify for any assistance or forgiveness with my student loans. I'm a property manager for a property management company. We own our own apartments and townhouses. We do deal with low income housing and accept housing vouchers. Would this qualify me at all for any assistance or forgiveness for my student loans?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Government programs to waive student loans

Post by Admin »

Normally just owning property that accepts a HUD voucher will not qualify you for student loan programs from the government. The person needs to normally be a teacher, work in a civil service type job, be in the military, etc. But there are many other assistance programs available that you can try, and find how to get help with student loans.