Raised in foster homes growing up

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Zentec1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Raised in foster homes growing up

Post by Zentec1 »

Dear Staff
I plan to return to the DC area on or about April 1 2022. I will be arriving from Tucson and need some grants, but I struggle due to being raised in foster homes.
While in Tucson I was able to utilize the services of a Veteran Transitional Housing entity (Esperanza End Escalante). There I was provided housing and other services. Eventually I was able to secure my own apartment. However now, I no longer have my job and I am unable to sign a new lease for the apartment.  I have in savings a thousand dollars which I can contribute to two months' rent. I am confident that with in that time I will secure, even if temporary, meaningful employment until I am able to work in my chosen field.
I would like to return to the DC area.  I lived and worked there 2011-2013 @ Holy Cross Hospital but, being raised in multiple foster homes,  I don't have a big support system and I don't want to end up on the streets (in case the hiring process takes a month or so longer than expected).
 I am highly qualified as a pharmacy technician with excellent credentials and have already started the job search process, from here in Tucson. However I will have to get the local licensing in place.
All I really need is a place to stay, a grant to pay for a subsidized motel room, a room in a facility or house even, with some privacy and, I am quite able to do the rest. Could you please advice and/or direct my request for a grant for people raised in a foster home?
Thanks,
lakeshia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Raised in foster homes growing up

Post by lakeshia »

I am writing in regards to my electricity. I am 20 years old. I am a foster child from California and I've moved out here and I get a $960 monthly benefit from California but I'm currently enrolled in school at delta tech and I am trying to make ends meet. I have been raised in foster homes my entire life. I want to pay my electricity bill and I just can't do it. I really need some help and get the resources that are available that can help me. I don't know what else to do. I think they will be turned off in the next few days is there any way that you can point me in the right direction to where I can get some help for electricity bills? It would be greatly appreciated.