Are there California grants beyond the benefits

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Rae Lil Black
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Are there California grants beyond the benefits

Post by Rae Lil Black »

Hello, my name is Sarah, a single mother of two children. I currently receive grants in the form of Cal fresh benefits, CAL works, & Wic benefits. We have currently become homeless. I’m wondering about the emergency housing you offer in California that is above and beyond benefits from the state of CA. I was informed that if I found a place that I can afford the rent and utilities that you guys would be able to help with the first month’s rent and deposit from a California grant. If you can call me back with more information on how I can get into somewhere that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Are there California grants beyond the benefits

Post by Admin »

Yes, California has many other programs for public aid, cash assistance, and others. Under the "cal" name and from the federal government too. Look here for California public assistance.

Rae Lil Black wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:20 pm Hello, my name is Sarah, a single mother of two children. I currently receive grants in the form of Cal fresh benefits, CAL works, & Wic benefits. We have currently become homeless. I’m wondering about the emergency housing you offer in California that is above and beyond benefits from the state of CA. I was informed that if I found a place that I can afford the rent and utilities that you guys would be able to help with the first month’s rent and deposit from a California grant. If you can call me back with more information on how I can get into somewhere that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Beamer1a

Post by Beamer1a »

Hello,
Per a suggestion I received in PEP Class (Personal Empowerment Program), I write you regarding grant assistance in California for my daughter and myself. We live in Orange County, CA and although I used to practice law, because of the dynamics of the domestic violence situation, I took time off and even though I am returning to the practice, it has been very hard—financially speaking—and because the court (after a 10-day DV hearing) granted me sole custody and I have literally no help in CA (all my family lives in Ohio).
This month we literally almost got evicted and I had to beg a family member for emergency funds or a government grant. I have a feeling that this coming month will be the exact same but this time, I am running out of options (especially when my former employer keeps withholding funds and delaying negotiations in our settlement process; that is, one of the reasons why I left my former employer and returned to practicing is because the father of my child violently attacked me on the property and even though I told my supervisor of past attacks, he and the company did nothing and if anything, seemed to blame me. In short, my daughter and I were attacked in February of this year by the father of my child while on my employer’s property, a 10-day domestic violence proceeding ensued, the court granted in my favor and gave me sole custody and permanent restraining order, as ‘punishment,’ the father of my child repossessed my car, drained a mutual bank account, turned off my phone, and refused to give me any child support. I filed a motion in court in California but he in turned filed two frivolous contempt charges which caused the motion for support to trail the hearings which still have not occurred. My life has been a living hell and I am barely getting by with the little savings I did have left.
Because I took about 3 years off from practicing, it has taken time to regain the skills I lost. I am almost ‘there’ and intend to interview in the next month or so, but would greatly appreciate any assistance you may offer.
Cecilia Lion

Post by Cecilia Lion »

Hi, my name is Teresa and I am looking for grants in CA and not just COVID benefits. I live in Apple valley California. I am trying to apply for assistance. We can't pay our utilities and are looking at being evicted soon. I have a newborn baby and a 9 year old daughter. My husband works but we are just so far behind. Also, he is about to probably be laid off it happens every year due to the business becoming slow in winter months which is how we are so far behind since last year. My lights will be shut off on Thursday and we don't have enough money l. My husband worked 2 days last week. Please if there's any way to relieve help we would be so grateful.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, there are various grants in CA. From non-profits, charities, foundations and other places. Whether college, utilities or job training, the california grants help low-income people. Try a free grant in California.
Cecilia Lion wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:58 am Hi, my name is Teresa and I am looking for grants in CA and not just COVID benefits. I live in Apple valley California.
Leann D

Post by Leann D »

Good Morning,
I am wondering if it is possible to request help, grants or financial assistance for myself and my 5 year old daughter here in California. We were in a Domestic Violence situation and there is currently a restraining/abuse prevention order in place against him. I am able to work part-time while my daughter is in kindergarten but I am really struggling financially as the CA benefits are not enough. With the holidays coming up I need help to be able to give my daughter the Christmas she deserves. Thank you for your time reading this email! :)