Grant to get us out of cycle of day labor income

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Popen
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Grant to get us out of cycle of day labor income

Post by Popen »

Good afternoon,
      My name is Jennifer and my husband is David.  We are currently living in Hardeeville but we're from Bluffton, SC.  We're in an absolute desperate situation and we cannot figure out how to get out of it without a grant, where to turn or what to do. We also need more work and the funds can maybe help us there. My husband and I are all we have and can only depend on each other.
About two weeks ago we were at exit 102 resting in our car at the Microtel parking lot. We were not able to afford a hotel room so, like we often do, we found a place with free access to their Wi-Fi___33 so we could use it. We often stay in on our car at truck stops when we don't have enough to get a room as my husband only works day labor where he can find it. It was the holiday weekend.  Out of absolutely nowhere and unprovoked the pooler police, upon observing us sitting in our car, approached us, began questioning us, talked to the motel, (which they  didn't even know we were there nor did they initiate a call for,) arrested us for loitering, impounded our car (which is literally our home) and transported us to Chatham county detention center where we spent twelve hours in holding and then were released on our own recognizance. The police would not let us take anything to the jail.  They threw our IDs our wallet and purse and our phone in the car. We were released with absolutely nothing but one hoodie to share.  We have no one and no money and desperately need the grant as well as jobs, as as a day laborer does not cut it income wise.
We ended up walking home twelve hours to Hardeeville (over the Savannah bridge). Not one person stopped to help, it was so cold. We cannot get a hotel room without identification, we have nowhere to go, no friends or family to help us, no money and there isn't a shelter in Hardeeville. I don't know what to do.  We've asked every business here for work and no one has anything for us, we've asked churches here but they cannot help, St. Vincent DePaul can't help because we don't have our IDs or proof of recent work or residency. And since he only worked during the day, we have no proof of income.
I suffer from major depressive disorder and severe generalized anxiety.  My husband is on the autism spectrum, both my parents passed from cancer two years ago three months apart and I had never been without them.  I don't know who else to call. It's very cold outside and do not have proper wear. We panhandled enough money to get this phone. Can you help us because we've run out of hope and there's nothing left here for us and no one wants or seems to be able to help or a grant for housing?  I'm sorry for the long email. Anything you can do would at least give us hope. Thank you in advance for even considering this.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Grant to get us out of cycle of day labor income

Post by Admin »

If you are a day laborer and need some help trying to get out of that "cycle", the Salvation Army may be an option for you. They offer a wide range of resources, ranging from job training to food, housing, transportation, and more. Maybe they can help you increase your income and get out of the cycle. More on assistance programs from a Salvation Army near you.