Upcoming enrollment into college

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Jimmy_John_Smith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Upcoming enrollment into college

Post by Jimmy_John_Smith »

Hello,
  I am 19 years old. I live in Denmark, Maine with my fiancé ( Age 26). We live in a camper on his father's property. We do not have heat or AC or running water in the camper. His father is kind enough to let us shower in his house and plug the camper in, but we only have basic power so we cannot put on the heat. We have lived together there for a little over 6 months.
We are on Food Stamps, receiving about $350 a month and need a grant before we go away to college. This helped us greatly. We are looking at a few places in Bridgton, Maine and at a few motels in Windham, Maine. My fiancé is working at Limington Lumber 40+ hours a week, but I just lost my job two days ago. My fiancée makes about 24,000 a year, and I used to make about 10,000 at Wal-Mart in Windham before they let me go. I wasn't fired for doing anything wrong, except I missed a few days for having a Kidney stone, and they counted those as "unexplained absences".
I am supposed to be a Freshman in college, and I would like to go to University of Southern Maine in the Spring semester for Early Childhood Education with the grant. I was accepted to Saint Joseph's in Windham/Standish and USM, but I had to put off my enrollment due to money issues. I would like to work for the Fall and Winter full time to save up some money for the Spring semester at USM, and then I will work Part-Time. I am actively searching for a job, and have applied at a few places already. I have an interview today. We are hard working people, and we do not party. We are struggling to start a new life when i enroll into college, because we went through one winter living in the camper and we were freezing cold every night.
We have one car that my parents have sold to me. We are currently making small payments to them (it was only $500). We were wondering what grant assistance we could receive, either for rental assistance, or assistance with utilities for the first month or two until we can fully get on our feet. Or help with my college enrollment. I know this is a lot to mull over at once, but we need some guidance about where to turn first for help. We cannot live in a camper anymore with no water, and no heat. It will be difficult to go through another winter like that.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Upcoming enrollment into college

Post by Admin »

We do have information on grants to pay education costs.. As there are a few options out there, such as PELL,the Teach Grant, and others. Maybe they can help you get the assistance you need.
Ditka

Re: Upcoming enrollment into college

Post by Ditka »

Hello, my name is Amanda, I am a sophomore at Somerset Community College all my classes are online due to my transportation issue, this issue has made it very difficult to get a job as well. I am seeking a grant as I enroll into college. I was wondering if you might have any home jobs available, or if you don't have any available right now if you could keep me in mind, I am a hard worker I will not let you down and you would not regret hiring me. And if I run into any problems with the job I am hired to do no worries it does not take me long to figure it out if I have to research and take a quick lesson I can watch someone do something one time and I catch on very quickly. You can contact me through this email with information on grant for college enrollment, a job or anything you could do would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you Amanda