Grants for a single father

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Momsscolar
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Grants for a single father

Post by Momsscolar »

I am a single father of 2 young kids seeking grants. I have a 3 year old and an 8 year old. Their mother did 2 years ago leaving me the sole caregiver. I have a heart contortions called cardio-myopqthy. My heart is very week and it only functions 22 % of what it should leaving me tired all the time and unable to walk for extended periods of time. I am on numerous medications to treat my condition and I also have a pacemaker and a defibrillator to prevent my death at the event of a heart attack. I also have a bad back. I had back surgery in august of 2015 that was unsuccessful. It has left me with a rare condition of Caida equine syndrome. I can't control my bladder or bowels forcing me to wear diapers 24 hours a day. I also have to self-cath myself 5 times a day to prevent bladder infections because my bladder never fully empties on its own.
     I have never been in such a horrible shape in my life. We are living in my sister’s house that is in need of repairs but I can't afford to make them and we can't seem to get a grant. She only charges me $450 rent but I can always pay that. I'm about 2000 behind on rent and if she were not my sister and she knows my situation me and my girls would be homeless.
       My electric bill is around 250 per month and it's currently behind in excess of $500. I have made arrangements to pay as much as I can so we can keep our lights on.
       I heat with electricity and gas heat. My mother and father in law bought us has or we would not have any. It is almost out now. I'm on 30% which will last about 2 weeks and I'm not sure what we will do then. Already being behind on the electricity makes it hard to use the electric heaters to run up the bill that I already can't pay.
      We have one car. I owe 7000 on it. My payment is 264 a month and I'm behind 3 months and if I don't send in a full payment they are going to issue a repossession warrant on it on January 14th.
    As you can see I am in bad shape as a single father. I done know if you and your organization can help or not but any with grants; help will be greatly appreciated for single fathers. My girl’s get survivors benefits from their mother in the amount of 1000 a month but when your bills are as expensive as mine are it don't go very far at all.
Thanks again for any consideration or any direction you can give me to where I can get help
                                        Thanks
Betty Jo
anti spam: Blue

Re: Grants for a single father

Post by Betty Jo »

Hello, I need assistance with cash grants for single fathers. I am currently on SSI because I have a heart problem & a pacemaker. I currently just had surgery to change my pacemaker & leads, I also had surgery to remove my gallbladder.
I had the gallbladder surgery at Rhode Island hospital and my pacemaker surgery At Boston Children's hospital because that is where my doctor out. I'm currently homeless so I stay here there and ever where but I need my own place and this is what the grant is for. I had my own place at 1 point but moved out because I couldn't afford it. I really am struggling as a single dad and need the help please there are a lot of studio apartment for rent and they are cheap, but I can't afford to give first & last and it's hard doing it only getting 1 income. If you can please help me I'll appreciate it.
 Thank you,
Jade

Post by Jade »

Hello, my name is Alex, I am a single father who works full time and is looking for a grant. This month has been by far the hardest ever. The mother of my kids ran out on us over a month ago, she has gotten hook on drugs and I pray every day that the Lord’s brings her home. I was left to raise two beautiful little girls 3 quire and 5 Noah. In the process of her leaving she cleaned my account out and left me with nothing I got behind on my bills because I was robbing Peter to pay Paul. So, I have a disconnect notice for Monday July 10. I am behind 250.
I have called around every we’re for help no luck. I was in the store yesterday getting food and I ran into a sweet lady and we got the talking and crying and I explained what I was going threw she prayed over us and told me I should get in contact with you guys. I really need help for single fathers in the form of a grant. I don’t want my kids to be out of lights. I am begging and pleading for help I am crying out.
Sent from my iPhone
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are financial aid programs and grants for single fathers. Both government and non-profits. But also be sure to get child support from the mom too - as single dads can also use the courts too. Find more options here for free money. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... bills.html
Carmello

Post by Carmello »

Hi, my name is Danielle, I live in Beaumont, California and I need help paying my father's electric bill and need a grant for my single father. He has managed to let it get shut off and now he really cannot afford to get it turned back on due to the deposit or whatever it is idk. Anyways the bill alone is $650 and so now I am trying to figure out why it is going to cost his $1500 in total to have it turned back on. Anyways besides that my dad is a senior he is 66 at the end of the month and now a single father. But he does have a job. I’ve looked everywhere for an application to sign up for a grant ti help from anywhere I just keep being given the run around. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Single male, is he working or not? Since Beaumont is in Riverside County, try the community action agency. They may offer some grants for single moms or dads to help with an electric bill. If he is working, $650 is not so much money (over time) so also why can't he pay it himself? Anyhow, find details here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... hip_o.html

Carmello wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:00 am Hi, my name is Danielle, I live in Beaumont, California and I need help paying my father's electric bill and need a grant for my single father. He has managed to let it get shut off and now he really cannot afford to get it turned back on due to the deposit or whatever it is idk. Anyways the bill alone is $650 and so now I am trying to figure out why it is going to cost his $1500 in total to have it turned back on. Anyways besides that my dad is a senior he is 66 at the end of the month and now a single father. But he does have a job. I’ve looked everywhere for an application to sign up for a grant ti help from anywhere I just keep being given the run around. Thank you for your time.
krystal

Post by krystal »

I’m in desperate need of help paying electric bill as a single father It’s way more than I can pay, I’m not employed and have no household funds available, past due date is 2-3-21 shut off date is 12-13-21. I live in Kennett Missouri 63857, the County is Dunklin. Kennett, Mo 63857
I really need a grant for help paying this bill, Thank You for your time.