Grant for vehicle from community action

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Diantranise
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Grant for vehicle from community action

Post by Diantranise »

I live in Waynesburg which is located in Greene county Pennsylvania. I have been recently laid off from my job, with no date of when or if we might go back. My question is, does community action have a grant program to help someone get a vehicle? I have a really good opportunity to get my commercial driver’s license thru a local carrier link, but the closet class to where I live is almost an hour, and with no city buses or cabs it's hard to try and find someone to drive me there every day. Any information is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
lp141

Re: Grant for vehicle from community action

Post by lp141 »

I am assisting my daughter and her husband with trying to find an organization or charity to help them with a dependable vehicle, ideally a grant and not a loan.
On March 11, 2018 Stetson came into the World with what his parents believed to be an uneventful birth of a new baby boy. Long story short, a vehicle from your community action agency will be invaluable to them. Immediately after the C-section began the doctor realized that Stetson had a cleft pallet and lip requiring immediate attention to help him breath because of his cleft pallet.
Stetson was flown by pediatric flight to a hospital in Memphis Tn. Within an hour he received a trach to secure his airway and at this time no other test has been performed to give any detail of any other birth defects other than what his obvious from looking at his beautiful face, hands, and left foot.
Physical Therapy started working with his left foot and his hands in hopes that these things can be straightened out without surgeries in the future. He had Ultrasounds done of his heart, lungs, brain, liver, and kidneys. Which showed his kidneys to be very small for his age, his heart is normal other than what appears to be ridges in the Left chamber, his lungs are perfect along with his liver, but his brain US showed that the Corpus callosum was missing.
Much remains to be known about Stetsons prognosis, but this baby boy is strong and is fighting as hard as he can. Both of his parents are hardworking, but will be away from their jobs a lot during this time which makes an already very stressful event even more precarious. Lil Stetson is the light of his parents' lives and they will do whatever they need to do to get him through this.
They have one car that has very high miles on it and not reliable for the many trips back and forth to Memphis from their home in North TN. They have another son that is 3 and due to the needs of an adult to ride in the backseat with Baby Stetson there is no room for the two car seats, equipment needed for Stetson just to travel and an adult.
If you could point me in the direction to assist them with this grant program, it would be greatly appreciated.
Hellen

Post by Hellen »

I am a father of a 6 person household 4 children and a spouse applying at community action. I Was recently laid off I am now extremely behind on my vehicle payments. My home needs repairs and we need grant money for on my rent, energy bills and my vehicle payments on a vehicle I can no longer afford it's not covered with insurance and is currently in need of over $7000 in repairs. Due to my credit history I am unable to trade off for a new vehicle which is used for work commute for my spouse. Also getting the children back and forth from school and doctors’ appointments. I need rental and bill assistance from community action. I need grant help getting back in to school to further my education to increase my chances obtaining a career.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The Victoria Texas community action agency may be able to help. Probably not with the vehicle payment, but give you other resources which may free up your funds for the car. So try them for assistance or grants.
Hellen wrote:I am a father of a 6 person household 4 children and a spouse applying at community action. I Was recently laid off I am now extremely behind on my vehicle payments.