Grants for someone with no family support

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Tweed
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Grants for someone with no family support

Post by Tweed »

Trying to help Best friend and find emergency assistance to: 1) Find one time grant to assist with last Child support payment 2) get her car registered and insured, possibly some repairs. I know this seems like an outlandish request, however, as I struggle to help this young woman, that is unstable since youth, without guidance, and a high school drop out to boot. We are trying to find her a job, Get her into GED classes and to keep her out of Jail and that vicious cycle. Her license is suspended due to the one last child support payment.
She has no family support and I am a single disabled mother of two trying to help this girl with the ultimate goal of independence and the reunification of her and her young son. The system is set up to cycle and to keep her suppressed (i.e...Required to pay child support, got behind so they take her to jail, resulting in loss of potential work, and the support order just accrues and then is coupled with court costs and fees, but they take away her license, so how can she find/maintain employment to stop the cycle? I don't know but I am giving it my all. Thank you for your time and any direction/ advisement is much appreciated.
CSheen

Re: Grants for someone with no family support

Post by CSheen »

I'm living with my boyfriend who was the primary source of income and due to an injury on the job he has been unable to work. We need some grants as we do not have a family to support us. We need help while the we wait for the outcome of workman’s comp, our bills have accumulated and were unable to pay this month’s rent. Any assistance we can receive while we get back on our feet would be greatly appreciated and a big help in avoiding us losing our apartment.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Grants for someone with no family support

Post by Admin »

That is great you are trying to help your best friend, and that is NOT an outlandish request. As far as jobs, GED, try a workforce program in your county. As far as the other financial help, look int0 grants for African Americans.
Tweed wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:32 pm Trying to help Best friend and find emergency assistance to: 1) Find one time grant to assist with last Child support payment 2) get her car registered and insured, possibly some repairs. I know this seems like an outlandish request, however, as I struggle to help this young woman, that is unstable since youth, without guidance, and a high school drop out to boot. We are trying to find her a job, Get her into GED classes and to keep her out of Jail and that vicious cycle. Her license is suspended due to the one last child support payment.