Light bill assistance programs in Georgia?

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
elecbill$$seeker
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Light bill assistance programs in Georgia?

Post by elecbill$$seeker »

Help!

We live in Athens, GA and our electricity is off, due to lack of funds because I'm currently unemployed (yes I'm currently looking) and can barely cover the monthly rent and other obligations, as is. The utility company, Jackson EMC, has (so far) been rude and uncooperative re. working out a solution to eliminate the overdue bill ($926.00). Are there any light bill assistance programs here in Georgia, or other local or regional sources that we could contact (aside from the local Salvation Army) that could help us? It would be sincerely appreciated!!

Thanks,

:|
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Light bill assistance programs in Georgia?

Post by Admin »

A few options for you in Georgia. Try Project SHARE, which is a statewide program that funded by electric utility customers and customers who donate through their monthly electric bills. The program is administered by The Salvation Army, so you can call your local branch or dial
404-873-3101

Also try The Heating Energy Assistance Team (HEAT). The HEAT program is administered by the Georgia Department of Human Resources, and your local community action agency is the best place to call.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... gency.html

Hope these options help
Nicole Bexley

Post by Nicole Bexley »

I live in Walker county Georgia 30741, and the last few months my light bill has been ranging from $300-$500 a month, I always go and pay what I can on it every paycheck, which is every two weeks, but I just can't get caught up. I only make about $230 or so every two weeks so it's very hard to keep up the bills especially when they are that high. My lights got cut off today and I had to pay $216 just have them cut back on and I have 11 days to pay another $216 and I have no way to do that. I was told I could probably receive assistance with my high utility bills but I'm not sure where to go in my county.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you income is that low ($500 / month) then you will need a lot more financial help. And why the heck is a light bill $200 per month? That in itself is impossible not to mention the $500 light bills too. Something seriously wrong with this. Anyway, try this for Walker County Georgia.
Nicole Bexley wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:59 am I live in Walker county Georgia 30741, and the last few months my light bill has been ranging from $300-$500 a month, I always go and pay what I can on it every paycheck, which is every two weeks, but I just can't get caught up. I only make about $230 or so every two weeks so it's very hard to keep up the bills especially when they are that high. My lights got cut off today and I had to pay $216 just have them cut back on and I have 11 days to pay another $216 and I have no way to do that. I was told I could probably receive assistance with my high utility bills but I'm not sure where to go in my county.